Market Planning Manager
- Full Time
What you’ll be doing...
The Local Integrated Marketing Manager job is responsible for the planning and execution of multiple campaigns supporting Wireless Product, Pricing, and Services programs for national and local campaigns. Although the primary focus of the role is to lead strategic marketing efforts on behalf of the 6 local markets, the role will lead cross-functional teams in identifying key deliverables that ensure that requirements and risks of the overall project goals are identified, managed and completed in a timely fashion in order to achieve targeted phase completion and schedule completions.
The Integrated Marketing team is responsible for managing strategic and promotional requests that come from the Business Unit to support local marketing initiatives. Requests come frequently and quickly, requiring the ability to understand the nature of the request and how to activate impacted teams across marketing communications. The Manager needs to understand how to prioritize initiatives, and how to gather a broad set of information in order to brief other teams on the business need.
The manager often serves as the first contact for a project request. With this they are able to understand the request and properly communicate to their supervisor the nature of the initiative and a recommendation on how to move forward. The manager's supervisor will generally provide direction on how to articulate strategy, and ensure the necessary planning inputs have been identified. Once this occurs, the manager leads the execution and communication to other teams, and is able to field questions with minimal supervision. The marketing director will monitor the status of the project and evaluate materials to ensure they are accurate and aligned. For larger requests, it is common for an initiative to be first communicated to the Marketing Director, who then briefs the manager to ensure they are aligned and can begin execution.
- Manage the planning process for local integrated marketing plans for Wireless initiatives including advertising creative, media, training and development, and internal / external communications.
- Ensure that local projects are completed according to schedule and expectations. Working heavily with advertising, retail, web, media, pricing and promotions, device marketing, and local marketing teams.
- Participate and distribute the upfront strategic development and planning processes for local marketing efforts across internal team members and external agency stakeholders.
- Be the lead in organizing, communicating updates, and gathering content inputs for project planning and collaboration meetings.
- Respond effectively to conflicting priorities, continuously prioritize and reprioritize deliverables and respond to unexpected changes on a frequent basis
What we’re looking for...You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.Six or more years of relevant work experience.Marketing experience
- Master's degree.Strong understanding of project management including the demonstrated ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, recommend resource allocations and run team meetings. Working knowledge of marketing communications disciplines; including creative development and media planning with a proven ability to implement, support, and track multiple programs under strict timelines.Ability to communicate with various levels of an organization comfortably.Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to generate effective presentation materials with a proven ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and meet deadlines.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.