- Full Time
We're looking for a talented and driven journalist with an interest in consumer technology and giving consumer advice to take on this exciting new role with TechRadar.com. Reporting to the Global Editor-in-Chief the successful candidate will be responsible for engaging with TechRadar’s 22 million readers in order to help them choose the best tech products and find the best prices. You’ll create and manage your own suite of consumer advice articles, focussing on guiding readers to the best prices for the gear they want to buy, as well as devising and leading editorial campaigns around key periods such as Black Friday and Christmas.
Are you self-motivated, curious, and positive team player who relishes a challenging, fast-paced, global work environment and loves words, data, and people in roughly equal measure? This is the role for you. Future US, Inc. is seeking an eCommerce Editor to provide support to the US Business Development team’s efforts in building on Future Publishing’s fast-growing affiliate monetization channel. This role will have an opportunity to work cross-functionally across commerce, editorial, product, and business intelligence to optimize and expand our highly successful global eCommerce program specifically within the US market, across our portfolio of industry-leading publications in technology, gaming, and entertainment, including content expansion efforts on the horizon.
- Researching and writing deals and sales related news content for TechRadar to help readers keep up to date with any opportunity to grab a bargain
- Creating, managing and regularly updating a suite of search-driven deals articles, working with senior members of the team to ensure the content works for the reader, ranks well in Google and is optimised to generate affiliate revenue
- Developing relationships with retailers and online service providers in order to secure exciting exclusive offers on tech products and services for TechRadar’s readers
- Working closely with the TechRadar team on a global level to ensure the site’s flagship buying guides are as good as they can be, focussing on providing the best possible service to our audience by ensuring content is up to date and accurate at all times.
- Leading and executing the editorial strategy around key buying periods such as Black Friday, Amazon Prime Day and Christmas
- Developing TechRadar’s reputation as the go-to last click destination for tech buyers who want to buy reliable products at the cheapest prices from the most trustworthy retailers
The eCommerce Editor should enjoy wearing many hats and approaching a wide variety of tasks with zeal. Within this purview there will additionally be opportunities to specialize by topic and ability, as well as develop new skills of high utility in this rapidly expanding intersection of publishing and commerce. Duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Handle merchant- and network-level relationship management and logistical tasks as assigned; assist with performance measurement and provide inputs to optimization processes
- Manage fulfillment of paired native content and affiliate campaigns; assist with results measurement and feed learnings into future campaigns
- Manage content expansion campaigns across the portfolio from ideation to production to tracking and measurement to sustained update cycles
- Assist in logistical execution of new affiliate initiatives as determined by commercial + editorial
- Assist in documentation, training, and editorial stakeholder “customer service” from placement to performance
- Assist in coordination between other departments as needed to drive RFP submissions, pitches, campaign fulfillments, etc.
- Prepare actual content pieces, as needed
- Develop new methods and best practices for performance measurement and assist with general market research, as needed
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experience of writing for online preferably in the tech space
- The ability to spot a bargain and explain complex subjects in a clear and easily understood fashion
- Strong organisational and planning skills and willingness to work out of hours where required
- The ability to balance a commercial approach without compromising editorial values
- A working knowledge of SEO best practice and the ability to quickly learn and adapt your online skills as you go
- Expert-level knowledge of the technology industry, its trends and its history
- Minimum 2 years experience working in the online publishing industry in an editorial and/or support capacity, ideally within the technology sector or adjacent industries.
- Minimum 1-2 years education equivalent or experience in one or more functional business areas, whether a sales environment, analytics/performance, social media or content marketing, business development, market research, affiliate/eCommerce arena or other equivalent.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience (or educational/internship equivalent) either directly or in a client facing role within the consumer electronics or video game industry.
- Minimum 1-2 years demonstrated experience working cross-functionally within an organization is strongly desired and/or education/internship equivalent, whether it be translating requirements from sales to product teams, communicating results from editorial to business teams, or other proven ability in a “translator”-type position.
- Proactive learner with interest and/or experience in data analysis, analytics, and performance optimization. Strong MS Excel skills a must.
- Demonstrated ability as a self-starter comfortable with both taking direction on new projects as well as creating value independently.
- Experience working in a remote work environment a must.
- Familiarity with groupware tools such as Slack, Google Docs/Hangouts, and other communication and workflow tools a plus.
- Familiarity with the consumer electronics and video gaming industries strongly desired. Knowledge of media and entertainment and/or B2B industries a plus.
- Experience with digital publishing tools (Wordpress or other Content Management Systems, image editing tools, e.g.), or the aptitude to learn quickly, strongly desired.
- Ability to decipher unfamiliar technical terminology and understand at a baseline level how product mechanics support the functionality of eCommerce.
- Ability to communicate with development teams to achieve cross-functional goals as needed.
- Familiarity with the digital sales and display aspect of publishing as well as experience with native content a definite plus.
- Be a self-motivated, curious, and positive team player who relishes a challenging, fast-paced, international work environment and loves words, data, and people in roughly equal measure, and you will excel in this role.
TechRadar is the one of the world’s leading consumer technology websites. It is the market leader in the UK where it serves a unique audience in excess of 4 million UK users each month. Globally it is a significant player in the US, Canada, Australia, Singapore, the Philippines and India
Our goal is to help find people fine the tech they'll love - something that we have done consistently since launch at 2008. TechRadar has also become an e-commerce tour de force without compromising on our journalistic principles.
You will help shape the next phase of this crucial project, developing affiliates as a key revenue stream as the site adapts to a world in which more users are blocking ads.
Future US, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.