Sales Account Executive
- Full Time
WTTW (Chicago PBS) and WFMT (Classical radio) are seeking a Sales Account Executive to sell revenue generating media schedules and sponsorships of WTTW & WFMT content.
- Seek out and secure opportunities for television, radio, digital and print media revenue in conjunction with the content created by WTTW & WFMT.
- Develop multi-platform strategic sales strategies, plans and proposals for each program/series.
- Discover client/brand marketing goals & objectives through effective communication via telephone/email, in-person meetings and presentations.
- Create and maintain productive relationships with multiple contacts at clients and agencies.
- Maintain and grow revenue for WTTW/WFMT through high-level servicing of accounts.
- Develop new business for WTTW/WFMT via prospecting and crafting new, unique opportunities that meet client goals & objectives.
- Report client activity and keep excellent sales contacts and notes in database.
- Communicate effectively with internal stake holders and external clients conforming to established processes and necessary procedures.
- Represent WTTW/WFMT to the highest degree as one of Chicago’s leading cultural institutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of marketing, advertising and media sales industry
- Robust brand/client/agency relationships and contacts
- Ability to implement productive sales techniques
- Exceptional communicator (verbal & written)
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task
- Proficiency of Microsoft Office products
- Passion for public media and its role in the marketing landscape
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree required. Combination of related sales training, business development strategies and financial reporting experience desired.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: At least 5+ years’ experience in media sales experience required. A background in sales account management and new business development is essential. A successful track record in on-air and/or online sales is desired. Non-profit volunteer work or job experience is also a plus.