Coordinator, Social Media
- Full Time
New York City Ballet seeks a full-time Coordinator, Social Media to join a dynamic digital team within the Company’s Marketing & Media Department. Position will play a role in developing and implementing marketing strategies across all of NYCB’s social media channels to further the institutional brand and promote the Company’s annual repertory season and holiday presentation of George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker® at Lincoln Center, as well as touring activities nationally and internationally. The Coordinator, Social Media will work closely with all members of the department to grow audiences and meet revenue goals. Reports to Manager, Digital Editorial.
- Work in tandem with the Director, Digital Content & Development and the Manager, Digital Editorial in the creation of annual social media marketing strategies that promote seasonal activities, assist in building the NYCB brand, gain followers, and generate inbound leads
- Build monthly content calendars for approval that include organic daily posts across all social channels, maintaining appropriate style and tone set for each platform and optimal posting times
- Ensure that all approved social content is posted to NYCB feeds according to approved content calendar schedules
- Steward the creation of content required for all social marketing efforts including effective copywriting, and working with Creative Services to generate accompanying visuals
- Identify opportunities for employee and influencer sharing
- Curate relevant content from other brands and individuals
- Coordinate with other NYCB departments as needed regarding appropriate organic content to be included on social media channels
- Work in tandem with other NYCB marketing teams to ensure complimentary scheduling of paid social posts within the overall social media calendar
- Provide live social coverage of events, including but not limited to Galas, premieres, and farewells, with the ability to create real-time still and motion visuals as needed
- Contribute to long-form digital editorial efforts as needed.
- Keep a thorough understanding of the latest trends and nuances of each social platform, optimizing content accordingly
- Maintain an up-to-date social media handbook
- Conduct an annual audit of each channel assessing new features and functionality to maintain effective strategies, and to make recommendations for adjustments on existing platforms and the introduction of new ones
- Cultivate, nurture and engage the community of followers, while having an equal command of when not to engage
- Aid in the customer service support for all inquiries submitted via NYCB’s social channels
- Provide monthly social reporting utilizing native platform and/or social listening tools
- Work with Manager, Digital Editorial and Manager, Digital Projects to keep an updated monthly digital tracking report
- Monitor other arts/cultural feeds
- Maintain an organized archive of social media efforts
- Serve as a department proofreader
- Assist with other department activities as needed
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 1 year of relevant work experience
- Working knowledge of social media community management and analytics
- Strong project management, writing and proofreading skills
- A strong visual eye and some photography and video capture skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and be flexible in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Reliable self-starter with an ability to take initiative and work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends
- Proficient in MS Office, Adobe Photoshop a plus
- A demonstrated interest in arts/culture required, knowledge of NYCB a desirable plus
Please send, by email only, resume with cover to:
with Coordinator, Social Media in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
NYC Ballet is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.