Make It Better – Art Director
Make It Better Media is seeking a full-time art director to join our collaborative, creative team. We are committed to being the most trusted, easiest-to-use community resource that helps to make our audience’s lives and the lives of those around them better. We use print and digital content, social media, video, and offline events to get us there. The ideal candidate will share our passion for collaboration with other like-minded individuals to create powerful virtuous circles.
Candidate will design our bimonthly magazine, create ads for clients, and is also responsible for designing some website and social media graphics, as well as collateral material and supplements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with creative director and editors to create pages in the magazine.
- Photo selection and editing
- Design concept and implementation
- Produce creative for collateral materials/sell sheets
- Design pages for special supplements
- Attend photo shoots to assist in art direction/styling
- Assign work to photographers and illustrators
- Work with account executives to create ads for clients
- Help with collateral materials/sell sheets
- Process final pages for production
- Upload files to printer
- Create final proofs for edit and sales staff to check
Must have at least five years’ experience as an art director.
Must have print publication experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to work in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Thorough understanding of prepress and printing processes
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (art/design/graphics preferred)
Salary: competitive, including full benefit package
Send resume and work samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Include the following information:
Salary expectations and requirements