Project Manager Production
- Full Time
Manages all aspects of production for assigned publications products including selecting, scheduling, directing, and monitoring external vendors; reviewing materials at all stages of production; and maintaining production schedules, product expense budgets, and quality standards for these projects. Manages all production tasks for assigned periodicals, including copyediting, typesetting, art direction, final file preparation for print, and converting and sending PDF files to online periodical host.
Also perform support duties for all accreditation products, including looseleaf and electronic products. These duties include uploading/downloading files in the content management system, entering corrections to XML content, and running composition scripts.
- Level of knowledge equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through completion of a bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, or a related field.
- Minimum of three years of publishing experience in a production and/or editorial capacity.
- Demonstrated expertise in page design/publishing software (Quark and/or Adobe Indesign) and fluency in MS Office.
- Familiarity with editing HTML and XML.
- Excellent planning, organization, and scheduling skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and take direction well.