Director of Development, The Futuro Media Group
The Futuro Media Group (FMG) is seeking a seasoned fundraiser and strategic-thinker to lead a dynamic team of development and communications professionals to meet the organization’s annual goals in fundraising. The Director of Development reports to the Executive Director, works in close partnership with the Board of Directors and serves on the Leadership Team. By engaging institutions, corporations and individual donors, the Director of Development leads the development team to raise $3M annually.
The ideal person is passionate about Futuro Media’s mission to create multimedia content from the perspective of people of color and for underserved audiences. They can quickly engage and work well with others, are a strategic thinker and planner, and comfortable managing people.
- Cultivate, Build and Maintain Key Fundraising and Communications Partnerships
- Generate multi-year commitments from institutions and individuals
- Personally manage portfolio of institutional givers
- Develop FMG’s corporate sponsorship program
- Lead donor stewardship efforts
- Collaborate with Executive Director & Board to create and execute annual fundraising plan
- Consistently manage fundraising pipeline with team to ensure goals are met
- Oversee plan for consistent donor research, grant writing and reporting
- Work with Editorial staff to ensure integration of work and priorities
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-7 years of nonprofit fundraising experience
- Familiarity and understanding of journalism and public media
- Success managing and executing fundraising strategies and activities
- Experience with fundraising programs such as Raiser’s Edge and Salesforce
Deadline and Application Process
An application (which consists of a resume, a cover letter of no more than 600 words, two professional or educational references and salary requirements) must be submitted by November 30, 2017 to be considered for this position. To apply, please send your materials via email with the subject “Development Director” to email@example.com. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
About The Futuro Media Group
The Futuro Media Group (FMG) is an independent non-profit media organization dedicated to producing multiplatform journalism that explores and gives voice to the diversity of the American experience. Launched in 2010 by award-winning journalist Maria Hinojosa, Futuro Media works in the public interest – informing and educating the public about compelling narratives, real lives, and important stories that are often overlooked by mainstream media. The Futuro Media Group is dedicated to equal employment opportunity and welcomes all viable candidates who meet the job qualifications to submit their applications for consideration. For more information, go to http://www.futuromediagroup.org/.
The Futuro Media Group is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and background to apply.