Freelance Developmental Editor - Finance
Advantage Media Group and ForbesBooks have an exciting opportunity for a Freelance Developmental Editor with experience in book writing and editing in the Finance sector with an emphasis on 401 (k) plans. We work with top-tier business professionals to position, promote, and market them as the thought leader and expert in their industry, community, or marketplace.
The mission of the freelance developmental editor is to help an author write a 2,000-word introductory chapter for their book.
- Manage and motivate authors through the Talk Your Book Interview process
- Proactively offer editorial suggestions about the goals, underlying premise, and narrative voice
- Manage text length
- Ensure consistent overall structure for the manuscript
- Ensure that all timelines are met, within budget and with high client satisfaction
The ideal candidate will have the following job qualifications
- Minimum of two years developmental editing and line editing experience
- Book publishing experience is a plus
- Exceptional writing, editing, grammar, spelling and communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in your work
- Working knowledge of The Chicago Manual of Style 16th Edition
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Must have high level of competency in Microsoft Word and Track Changes
- Ability to work collaboratively with a highly creative clientele
- Ability to handle changing priorities in a deadline driven environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- World class customer service skills
- Strong ability to engage and motivate clients to achieve their publishing goals
- Excellent listening and interpretation skills and capacity for interactive collaboration with clients
This Position is freelance and can be conducted remotely. Position reports to the President of Publishing. Advantage is an entrepreneurial, high growth company with opportunity for advancement and upward mobility. Compensation commensurate with experience. We highly value and respect our team members.