Los Angeles Community Manager
- Full Time
Thinkful is growing. Your job will be accelerate that growth by coordinating and running community classes and events to recruit students and build Thinkful’s brand. You’ll secure and set up the space, find, train, and oversee instructors, and work with marketing to ensure attendees have a great experience. Ultimately, you’ll be responsible for creating an experience that is fun, memorable, and extends Thinkful’s reputation.
During and after these events you’ll meet with attendees who want to learn more about Thinkful. Your job will be to ensure they understand the value of Thinkful and help them to navigate their options. For many of these students, a conversation with you will be their first step towards making a big career transition. To be successful you must demonstrate empathy for our students and passion for our mission.
This is an ideal opportunity for a candidate looking to start a career in tech, who’s hungry to learn and grow while getting to make an immediate impact at a high-growth, mission-driven education company.
What you’ll do
- Secure spaces for Thinkful events
- Work with marketing to promote these classes
- Recruit and oversee instructors and TA’s
- Manage all aspects of the event experience
- Effectively communicate the value of Thinkful
- 1+ years of sales, marketing, or operations experience
-Pre-existing relationship with Los Angeles Tech Community
-Strong written and verbal communication
- Willingness to learn and work hard
- High degree of empathy
- Passion for education, tech and Thinkful’s mission
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive base salary and equity
- Healthcare, Dental, and Vision insurance covered 100% for individual
**Please apply by sending short cover letter and resume.**