MetroFocus is a multi-platform magazine covering news, culture and life in and around New York. MetroFocus delivers local content with a public media sensibility to help fill the gaps left by commercial news coverage and to amplify the excellent work of niche media and nonprofits in the region.
An immediate opportunity exists for a Producer/Reporter to plan and coordinate activities involved in the local production unit at WNET. Specifically, the Producer/Reporter will be contributing original stories and reports for MetroFocus, a multi-platform news magazine focusing on the New York region.
The Producer/Reporter will plan and coordinate the complete range of activities involved in the production of news and current affairs program segments. S/he will work closely with the editorial team at all stages of the production process from story development through post-production. Responsibilities and tasks will include, but are not limited to, researching and pitching stories; shooting video, developing storylines and identifying locations and characters; producing field and studio shoots; conducting interviews on camera; working with on-camera talent as required; writing and fact-checking scripts; supervising the editing, and delivery of segments. In addition, s/he will liaise, as necessary, with various other departments, including publicity, production services, finance, and legal.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in television or multimedia production including on air reporting
- Exceptional ability to write for video; ability to shoot and edit digital video
- Proficiency with professional hand held video and audio equipment and lighting
- Strong research skills, written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional planning, organization, problem analysis and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated leadership, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
- BS or BA in Liberal Arts, or equivalent work experience
Preferred candidates will have experience dealing with a wide range of contemporary issues, knowledge of public affairs issues, proficiency with Adobe Premiere and/or Final Cut Pro.
Apply online at www.wnet.org/careers.
825 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10019
Qualified candidates only; no phone calls please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
WNET IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.