Asssistant Marketing Manager
Monrovia is seeking an Assistant Marketing Manager who will assist in the success of the day-to-day operations of the marketing department by performing tasks in the areas of digital media, creative, and communications. We’re looking for a team member with creativity, flexibility, excellent writing skills, and a mastery of multitasking and project coordination. The ideal candidate will have several years of proven ability (and enjoyment) of successfully completing marketing activities, and working with a diverse team. It’s an exciting time to join our team as we embark on many new initiatives to strengthen our brand.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute the social media plan and editorial calendar, including scheduling all posts from internal and external sources, and tracking, measuring, and analyzing how social content and campaigns are performing.
- Optimize website and blog copy for search engine optimization and perform keyword research. Write and produce posts as assigned.
- Coordinate marketing activities ranging from planning and executing events, video and photography production, managing external influencers, providing photographic materials to customers and media, and assisting in design and digital project trafficking.
- Assist with Digital Marketing execution including creation, scheduling, and distribution of brand emails (newsletters and drip campaigns), managing all collateral and marketing materials, (digital, design, web-based content and promotional items). Prepare marketing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data. Assist with plant information copy and data input.
- Manage and update the internal Marketing Portal which houses assets and materials for use companywide.
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business Administration.
- A minimum of three years of experience in consumer brand marketing within a creative agency, public relations firm, or medium to large sized company.
- Demonstrated ability on all social platforms, and a working knowledge of Adobe Create Suite (esp. InDesign). Knowledge of current marketing trends and multi-media platforms as well as an active personal user of digital and social media.
- Excellent written and editorial skills and experience writing for external corporate communications channels.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, Hootsuite, and other monitoring and measuring tools.
- Strong communication and people skills: experience working with various cross-functional groups, internal and external, goal-oriented as well as flexible and creative under pressure.
An interest in gardening, horticulture, lifestyle/design, and demonstrated pursuit of that interest.
Interested candidates should complete an application and attach a resume via our website at www.monrovia.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are also an Equal Opportunity Employer of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans.
Connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest.