Passionate about food? Love innovation? Want to join a team of dedicated, intelligent, eager and motivated professionals at one of the country’s top food robotics companies? We may have the perfect role for you.
We are seeking a communications manager to play an integral role in marketing and content creation. You will be a leader on the team responsible for telling the world the story of Sally the Salad Robot. Additionally, you will be charged with crafting the strategy around the messaging for new robot launches in collaboration with our marketing and public relations agency, af&co.
- Work with af&co. to create new content and update existing content (e.g. sales presentations, case studies, product videos, website copy, blog posts, Quora/forum responses) to articulate the benefits of Sally the Salad Robot to the world.
- Manage internal approval process for social media, public relations and collateral development
- Together with the engineering team, educate both internal and external stakeholders about Sally the Salad Robot’s value proposition and features.
- Assist members of the sales team on calls with prospects when appropriate to provide deeper dives into Sally the Salad Robot.
- Speak and present both internally and externally to promote the story of Sally the Salad Robot.
- Measure and optimize the buyer journey as it relates to product feature adoption and usage.
- Assist with event planning, including working with vendors, event coordinators, and design teams for on-site collateral.
- Work with af&co. to develop strategic marketing and public relations plan for new robot launches.
- Work with af&co. to coordinate media interviews with key company spokespeople.
- BA/BS degree.
- 3 to 5 years marketing communications experience.
- Well-versed in creating, editing, and promoting written and visual content.
- Strong graphic design skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; there is a heavy amount of writing and presenting/selling ideas in this role.
- The ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing work environment.
- Ideal candidate will have experience pitching, crafting, and placing content externally through guest blogging or op-ed development and experience with event management and sponsorships.
- Digital marketing, product marketing, corporate communications and/or product management experience a must.
- Proficiency in content management systems, email marketing platforms and social media.
- Prefer working in a collaborative, cross-team capacity. This role requires you to work across functions and departments. You are at the center of our entire organization, constantly interacting with teammates, external agencies and prospects.
About Chowbotics: Chowbotics develops robots for food service. By automating repetitive tasks, Chowbotics aims to increase productivity and enable creativity, both in and out of the kitchen. The company’s first product, Sally the Salad Robot, allows users to create custom salads. Proprietary technology ensures precise caloric counts and protects the integrity of ingredients, keeping them fresh, sanitary, and separate. Future robots will offer breakfast as well as Mexican and other ethnic foods. These robots could be used in cafeterias, restaurants, hotels and other commercial venues. Chowbotics, was founded by Deepak Sekar, Ph.D., an inventor with more than 100 patents. He serves as the CEO. Rich Page, an Apple Fellow who joined Steve Jobs as Co-Founder and VP at NeXT, is Executive Chairman. Charlie Ayers, "the chef who fed Google,” is Executive Chef, and Kelly Olazar is Vice President, Culinary Services. Investors include Techstars Ventures and Foundry Group.