What you’ll be doing...
PCM Consultant position supporting the EMEA UK & IE sales channel.
This position is key to providing timely pricing and commercial support for accounts that contribute significantly to the overall EMEA revenue target.
Successful candidate will be very competent /expert in a number of key disciplines such as Financial Modelling, Commercial Deal Structuring & Negotiations. The candidate will be responsible for the pricing and commercial decision making through the entire life cycle of a deal including,
- Recommending and approving customer pricing proposals based on a variety of factors such as profitability, competition and regulatory issues.
- Development of business response (financial and contractual terms) based on sales, regulatory and company business objectives.
- Manage multiple priorities based on direct interaction with sales force.
- Work concurrently on a variety of complex projects using independent judgment in performance at work.
- Provide guidance and negotiate on financial and contractual terms to others inside and outside of Verizon.
- Drive growth through new business acquisition and ability to make autonomous business decisions regarding pricing strategies to win business.
Pricing & Financial evaluation:
- Management of Verizon pricing proposals for the UK & Ire sales team, ensuring they are in line with target margins consistent with required shareholder return and at rates which adhere to the Verizon DOA
- Responsible for performing complex business case analysis, translating the results and communicating the decision effectively.
- Evaluate and analyse based on profitability, competition, market nuances and overall account strategy.
- The successful candidate will have the aptitude to assess complex inputs, knowledge of Market pricing across a diverse set of services and ability to make strategic decisions quickly to secure new business.
Contract Management / Negotiation:
- Lead on pricing and commercial issues during negotiations.
- Support legal and sales during the contracting process and ensure any negotiated commercial terms, are optimised to meet company goals globally and do not carry an unacceptable level of risk.
- Negotiation responsibilities include internal negotiation with account teams and matrix organisations, as well as external negotiation and will require physical attendance at customer meeting.
- Responsible for interfacing with senior management on pricing issues and material contract terms and conditions. This includes effectively communicating all aspects of the opportunity and providing recommendations to management in a concise, but inclusive, manner, to assist with final decision making.
- Responsible for communicating Verizon’s commercial proposals directly to clients.
- Responsible for collaborating with various organisations including Sales, Engineering, Legal and Finance on pricing and deal structure.
- Responsible for acting in a consultative role to the Sales teams in their efforts to drive revenue, offering strategic solutions and financial guidance. This includes asking key questions, understanding the client’s perspective, and managing pricing expectations.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Experience and understanding of the challenges when working on customer opportunities’ in an IT and Telecoms capacity.
- Previous experience in negotiating with customers or external procurement teams in the Telecoms Industry.
- Expertise in financial analysis techniques and their application to the Telecoms Industry.
- Ability to work unsupervised & has the initiative to complete requested tasks.
- Willingness to challenge existing ideas and concepts and to be creative in problem solving.
- Ability to recognise and address cultural differences so as to achieve best business outcome.
- Ability to communicate and explain financial considerations to non-financial staff.
- Ability to present a recommendation from a selection of complicated and competing courses of action.
- Ability to interrogate the business to gain detailed knowledge, identifying key factors, translating this into trends affecting our business.
- Passionate about developing good business & strong commercial understanding.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.