Managing Editor, Digital
We’re looking for a Managing Editor to lead day-to-day editorial operations of our entertainment website, TVInsider.com. The right person is ambitious, yet humble - a razor-sharp professional who can teach us a thing or two and is looking to make a mark in the digital content world.
This person will work closely with the Digital VP, editorial, audience development and marketing teams to plan, create, and promote content that resonates with our audiences and attracts new and larger audiences. The ideal candidate is a leader, experienced writer, editor, and social media junkie with a passion for growing a following.
- Collaborate with Digital VP, editorial staff across multiple offices, designers, developers, videographers, marketing and sales to fulfill editorial vision.
- Play a leading role in shaping the editorial vision.
- Run day-to-day editorial operations of the website.
- Grow site traffic, retention and engagement.
- Recruit, train and manage our content team composed of in-house and freelance writers/editors and graphic designers.
- Collaborate with Audience Development Manager to guide email and social outreach.
- Write and produce content for site.
- Ensure site has mix of content including text, video, audio, quizzes, trivia, lists, polls, UGC.
- Cultivate relationships with other relevant site editors and promote shared content and backlinks.
- Maintain editorial calendar.
- Control schedules and enforce deadlines.
- Oversee proofreading procedures and edit copy when necessary.
- Outstanding communication and people skills.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- A proven track record of growing a site’s KPIs.
- 3+ years managing an editorial team for an online publisher.
- 7+ years-experience writing and publishing digital news and features.
- Existing relationships with other successful online media publishers.
- Knowledge of SEO and Social Media optimization techniques.
- Exceptional copywriting and editing competency.
- BSc/BA in journalism or relevant field.
- Experience working with CMS, preferably Wordpress.
- Working knowledge and experience with HTML/CSS and Photoshop.
This describes you:
- You lead by example and get people to follow you with enthusiasm. You’re a great coach.
- You are extremely creative and never stop coming up with ideas.
- You are an excellent reporter, storyteller, writer, editor, producer and leader.
- You believe content is king and the opportunity for online publishers is endless.
- You know and “live” the digital content business.
- Your social media presence is growing each day.
- You are obsessed with pop culture. You know what people will be talking about and sharing before something starts trending.
- You like making lists almost as much as marking those items as complete.
- You laugh at yourself.
- You are the best Managing Editor you know.
Apply for Managing Editor, Digital
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly