Digital Media Writer, CUSTOM
- Full Time
Digiday’s in-house agency is looking for a writer/producer to execute a variety of branded content programs on behalf of our clients. These programs can range from reported stories and white papers to podcasts, ebooks, infographics, and video scripts all focused on illuminating the trends and technologies shaping business today. Successful candidates will bring a knowledge of the media and marketing landscape—as well as the tech that drives it—along with very strong writing skills and original, creative thinking and execution to each new project.
Who we are: An ambitious crew bent on moving beyond the cliches of jargon laden advertorials and B2B branded content.
Who you are: An equally ambitious writer with a with a background in journalism or creative copywriting (preferably both) who can go beyond reporting the facts and craft a story with clean, tight copy and lively prose. You want to find the most interesting, most appealing way into any story, whether it’s something you’re passionate about, or something our clients are passionate about.
A successful hire will have 1-3 years experience in business journalism or high-level branded content. They will also have an appetite for marketing and an enthusiasm for digital media. A journalism degree is preferred but not required.
Job Duties will include:
- Writing and editing longform copy (e.g. articles, reports) for client projects on topics ranging from digital media, marketing, and financial technology to retail technology and industry culture.
- Conducting interviews and research to support most projects.
- Researching, brainstorming and developing pitches for content ideas and programs across multiple formats.
- Collaborating with designers to develop infographics, ebooks, and interactive assets.
- Creative copywriting for headlines, social posts, infographics, and video and fact-checking.
The ideal candidate is:
- An organized and confident communicator.
- Adaptable to a wide range of writing styles and subject matter
- Intellectually curious
- Able to juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Always striving to do better work.
- Willing to work outside their job description to help a small team succeed
- Able to thrive in a startup environment.
- Professional social media or podcasting experience a plus.