At SANDOW, we know the key to being the best is to hire the best. We’re looking for passionate, driven, committed talent to deliver exceptional performance. Working for innovative, groundbreaking brands in an entrepreneurial environment requires a “do-what-it takes” mentality to get the job done. At SANDOW, there is always opportunity to shine and, in return, we reward stellar employees with competitive compensation, attractive perks, and the ability to take on new challenges - even if it’s outside your wheelhouse. If you’ve got the chops, we’ll take notice and provide the pathway to grow your career faster than you ever imagined possible.
Want to join us? Keep reading.
Luxe Interiors + Design has an exciting career opportunity for an experienced Market Editor. Luxe Interiors + Design is a trusted voice in the shelter industry, and the Market Editor will be one of its most prolific faces, representing the brand and using his/her broad range of design contacts to secure exclusive product releases and stories that will help shape the market editorial. Reporting to the Style Editor, the Market Editor will be responsible for curating products and producing bimonthly Trend stories, while also contributing to other market departments (Spotlight, Material, Round-up, Inspiration Found) and writing and producing FOB stories, as assigned. This position is an out-and-about in the market role and requires attending industry events and previews.
- Cover market, with a focus on luxury design, establishing and maintaining relationships with strategic industry public relations offices, designers, retailers.
- Keep up-to-date on relevant design news and product launches; it is your mission to be in-the-know.
- Secure exclusives and insider news that will continue to establish Luxe as a trusted source for design lovers.
- Envision, curate and produce full-page stories for Trend department. Pitch concepts to Executive Editor. Work closely with Art Team on executing layouts.
- Contribute weekly content to Luxe’s daily editorial blog at LuxeDaily.com.
- Attend market appointments, previews, events, as an editorial presence on behalf of Luxe, and network at appropriate NYC-based market events – collection previews, meetings, parties, etc.
- Assist the Style Editor with large feature market shoots.
- Attend and participate in weekly editorial meetings, and issue planning meetings, giving story pitches based on market trends.
- Attend marketing and sales meetings and events as directed.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Strong understanding of the interior design industry
- Brand ambassador for the Luxe Interiors + Design brand
- Manage multiple workloads and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong ability to multitask and be proactive and able to come up with fresh and new ideas
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Excellent writing and editing skills are a must
About Luxe Interiors + Design: Published bi-monthly by SANDOW, a leader in innovation and design, Luxe Interiors + Design (luxesource.com) is a high-end residential design and architecture magazine, and the uncompromised source for those with a passion for creating beautiful surroundings and living well. It leads readers to discover and acquire local and national resources for design, architecture and renovation. Curated for the affluent, sophisticated homeowner, Luxe Interiors + Design is the only luxury publication that offers access to the local design and architecture scene, while also covering national design news and trends. With a total distribution of 515,000 copies comprised of dedicated editions in top markets nationwide, Luxe Interiors + Design has established itself as the largest and fastest growing network of luxury home magazines in the U.S.