Associate Editor, Politics
Newsweek is looking for a talented Associate Editor, Politics in New York or Washington to help shape our politics coverage. The ideal candidate is obsessed with politics and policy, understands how Washington works and knows how to find big audiences on the web for our award-winning journalism. The Associate Editor will work with the Politics Editor and National Editor to publish competitive journalism and grow our audience.
- Assigning and editing daily stories and features for the web
- Working with a team of more than 10 writers in Washington, California and New York
- Writing SEO and social-friendly headlines
- Coordinating with editors in New York and London
- Helping writers identify angles and sources