ONE is a campaigning and advocacy organization of more than eight million people around the world taking action to end extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa. We believe the fight against poverty isn’t about charity, but about justice and equality. Whether lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, ONE pressures governments to do more to fight AIDS and other preventable, treatable diseases in the poorest places on the planet. We empower small-holder farmers, expand access to energy, and combat corruption to ensure governments are accountable to their citizens. ONE is strictly nonpartisan funded by individual philanthropists and corporations.
ONE’s members are critical to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out — organizing, mobilizing, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive.
ONE teams in Washington D.C., New York, London, Johannesburg, Brussels, Berlin, Paris, Ottawa and Abuja to educate and lobby governments to save and improve millions of lives.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment towards reaching a common goal of ending extreme poverty and preventable disease. When you work for ONE, you will receive an exceptional benefits package along with the opportunity to contribute to worldwide causes impacting those most in need.
As the Brand Manager, you will develop and manage strategies and partnerships that innovate ONE’s brand, grow our brand equity, and activate new audiences in the fight against extreme poverty. This role will have a primary focus on, but will not be limited to, ONE's flagship Poverty is Sexist campaign.
The ideal candidate will be an energetic and enthusiastic team player who is skilled in identifying and executing high-impact brand ideas. They will have successful track record developing work for global audiences and managing complex and high-profile projects that affect policy change. This is a full-time position reporting to the Global Brand Director and will be based in Washington DC.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Develop and execute outstanding brand strategies which grow and engage our membership and reach or influence targets directly
- Working with the team to develop and execute extension and amplification ideas that support ONE campaigns
- Work closely with the Global Brand Director to develop external partnership opportunities that deliver amplification and distribution for ONE’s brand
- Project manage a diverse set of key partnerships and projects, ensuring work is well-planned and completed on time, on brief, and within budget
- Provide on-going support to colleagues, helping them to manage and maximize the partnerships and relationships they oversee
- Ensure colleagues have the tools they need to uphold our brand standards across markets, platforms, and campaigns
- Develop briefs for external partners, agencies, crews, and freelancers and ensure work is executed in a way that on brand, on brief, and on budget
- Proactively communicate and share plans and needs with internal and external stakeholders
- Work with the Brand Team to bring in new and diverse relationships that serve ONE’s amplification, distribution, and campaigning objectives
- Develop strategies that amplify the right message at the right time to the right audience
- Spot cultural trends and figure out how they can work for ONE
- Be results-oriented, using data and metrics to determine future work
- Work closely with Marketing colleagues to implement audience insights
- Help ONE’s market teams apply our global brand strategy to their local contexts
- Work with the Marketing Department to build reactive campaigns and strategies that respond to emergency humanitarian crises as required
- Act in liaison with other departments, divisions and organizations
- Additional duties as determined
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- Must possess a minimum of eight years of experience or equivalent with at four years’ focused on marketing and brand strategy
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong conceptual thinker able to take ONE’s campaign objectives and deploy high-impact creative strategies in support of them
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to multitask, hit tight deadlines, and work with minimal oversight
- Excellent copywriting and communication skills
- Experience managing PR and creative vendors required
- Proven understanding of the role digital and social platforms play in executing a brand strategy
- Experience developing and managing creative activations and brand partnerships
- Understanding of political and cultural contexts in Europe and/or Africa highly desirable
- Aptitude and experience of risk and brand management
- Passion for and experience of campaigning on gender issues highly desirable
- Experience of working across cultures and time zones
- Experience identifying potential expenditures and managing approved budgets
- Strong sense of team and a collaborative mindset
- RTesourceful, independent, and solutions oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build trust and rapport quickly
- Self-starter who can work independently or support others when necessary
- Ability to travel on a regular basis
- Flexibility to respond to a fast-paced work environment with shifting deadlines
- Ability to think critically and consistently apply good judgement
- Commitment and dedication to the mission of ONE
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times
- An understanding of the complexities surrounding collaboration in a global matrix organization
- Well organized, detail oriented and analytical
- Action oriented and results focused
- Thrives under pressure and handles stress well
If you are ready to join the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, please submit a resume to this opening at ONE jobs.
ONE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Due to the high volume of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only candidates authorized to work in the US without restriction need apply.