Manager, Communications & Public Relations
The Manager of Communications and Public Relations raises awareness and reputation of the IMA brand and the CMA® (Certified Management Accountant) certification program through earned and owned communication channels. This position works closely with colleagues on the Brand team to deliver a world-class brand experience to a variety of stakeholders, prospects, influencers, and the accounting/finance profession at large.
- Plan effective communications campaigns to promote IMA’s thought leadership, including future trends in the profession. Recommend an appropriate mix of internal and external channels to effectively reach target audiences. Collaborate with Brand colleagues to leverage IMA’s owned communications channels, earned media, social media and other appropriate outlets.
- Provide internal client management and counsel to support IMA’s various programs, products, services, and positions to ensure appropriate messaging for IMA communications.
- Plan and execute IMA’s B2B and B2C media relations program in collaboration with the PR Agency of Record. Work with staff and volunteer spokespeople to deliver messaging and themes that are aligned with IMA’s brand positioning and strategic goals.
- Write and edit copy for a variety of internal and external communications, including enewsletters, eblasts, press releases, and bylined articles.
- Support IMA’s growing book publishing line through marketing and communications tactics. Evaluate performance of communications and make recommendations for future improvements.
- Support IMA’s global offices in delivering local public relations programs that are aligned with IMA’s strategy. Engage IMA staff and volunteer leaders in the delivery of IMA’s thought leadership, strategic goals, and overall communications strategy.
- Ensure that IMA Brand Guidelines and Style Guide are followed across all Brand channels. Implement proofreading quality checks.
- Attain a detailed knowledge of IMA subject matter and the issues affecting the management accounting profession. Stay current on industry trends to identify PR opportunities and maximize IMA’s share of voice.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or related field.
- 5-7 years of experience working in a brand thought leadership or issues management role
- Excellent writing, editing, grammar, fact-checking, and proofreading skills
- Experience working with content relevant to accounting/finance, business issues, careers and technological changes affecting the profession
- Ability to understand technical issues an translate them into compelling messages
- Demonstrate strong creative, project management and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Experience working at a communications agency, membership association or not-for-profit organization helpful
- Qualified candidates will be asked to provide a variety of portfolio samples