Account Executive (outside sales) - Recruitment Division
Businesses in the Bay Area are constantly competing for the right talent – telling a compelling story of why they’re the best place to work is essential to their recruiting success. At Hearst Bay Area, we’re helping employers tell their unique story and amplify that message across all of our media properties.
As an Account Executive, you will help to help drive our new business development efforts as a core member of our Recruitment Advertising team. You will meet with regional businesses to convey the value of our storytelling and job listing portfolio, including but not limited to: digital video, native content, print and digital advertising. Ideal candidates will have a proven track record of exceeding sales quota, an excellent presentation style, and are comfortable growing a pipeline of business independently.
The primary function of this role will be to close large, long-term partnerships in a face-to-face setting with local and regional businesses. You will become a consultive asset to their Human Resources, Recruiting and Marketing departments.
Manage full life cycle of the sale by utilizing our full suite of products and services including:
- Native Advertising and Content Marketing
- Social Media Advertising
- Video advertising and production services with partners (i.e. SFGATE, YouTube, etc.)
- Recruitment messaging within the San Francisco Chronicle print and digital editions
- Display, Email Marketing, and Retargeting Solutions utilizing SFGATE and our partners
- Job Board packages
This position requires a high level of activity by cold calling, scheduling sales appointments, demonstrating products and services, and negotiating new business deals. This role will be required to act as a trusted advisor by consulting with key decision makers to understand their business issues and strategic objectives as it relates to talent acquisition and hiring.
HERE'S WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 3+ years of sales experience in a quota-carrying role (local & media sales experience is a plus)
- Experience with Salesforce or a comparable cloud-based CRM tool
- Ability to establish relationships in-person and over the phone
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to work independently
- Proficient with Microsoft Office – Intermediate PowerPoint and Excel skills a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred