Hearst Bay Area is looking for a smart, motivated and high-performing Account Executive. As an account Executive at San Francisco Chronicle/SFGATE you’ll be responsible for managing and closing opportunities with local businesses in the Bay Area. This person must demonstrate all the behaviors associated with a high performance sales culture specifically prospecting for new business and upsell with an existing account base and delivering results against quota. Sound like you? Read on…
What you will do
- Exceed activity, pipeline, and revenue goals on a monthly basis
- Continually build pipeline of new business and upsell opportunities
- Become an expert on Hearst digital and print products/services and conduct discovery calls and presentations with prospects and customers
- Develop and manage relationships with prospects and accounts
- Demonstrate and sell value to key stakeholders within the accounts during fast moving as well as varying complexity of sales cycles
- Work in a team-selling environment with experienced Account Managers and a Digital Sales Strategist and apply appropriate resources to opportunities
What you need
- Experience selling to local businesses and organizations at varying levels
- 1-2 years’ digital media sales experience; SEM, SEO, Social preferred. Digital display and print a plus.
- Track record of success selling into multi categories of retail businesses and professional services
- Technically savvy; thorough understanding of a related technology
- Proficiency using Salesforce.com and strong Microsoft Office Skills
- Skilled in live and virtual presentations, online web demos, and remote sales processes
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
About Hearst Bay Area
Hearst Bay Area, Northern California’s largest news media and services group, connects businesses large and small with their target audience, through a comprehensive suite of multi-touch solutions unmatched by local competitors.
About the San Francisco Chronicle/SFGATE:
San Francisco and the Bay Area has always been a city and market on the edge - of technology, thought, food, and culture. Here seismic shifts, literally and figuratively, constantly reshape the landscape. We deliver news and provocative perspectives that engage the smart, forward-thinking people who choose to live on the edge.
SFGATE provides a 360˚ view of San Francisco, wildly reflective of right now. Provocative, energetic, unapologetic, the Gate is in constant conversation with the world's most eclectic city.
Join our Team!