Jr. Creative Technologist
- Full Time
What you’ll be doing...
About our team
The Verizon Experience Team is a new internal group tasked with evolving the Verizon customer experience across all channels and touchpoints through the design and implementation of innovative products and services that customers love.Working from a newly designed studio space at 140 West Street, the team is assembling the brightest designers, design strategists, researchers, and product managers to collaborate within teams shaping the most important touch points across the customer journey.
About this role
As a Creative Technologist, you will openly collaborate with experience design and management teams to translate design research, strategy, interactions, and thinking into fully coded front-end prototypes.
Work will span the design process, from front-end design definition to agile development and implementation. You will be a hands-on technology professional, shaping the concept and seeing it through to detailed design and implementation across a variety of devices and platforms.
In addition you’ll play a support role in the communication’s process and will be a liaison between the IT organization and experience teams, collaborating through a broad understanding of current and emerging technologies and design practices to isolate problems and generate solutions.
What you’ll be doing:
- Understand the organization’s goals and help implement the vision for extending, enriching, and supporting it through new applications and experiences.
- Play a key role in designing, and developing prototypes in code for innovative digital media products and services.
- Stay abreast of the evolving media, technology and design landscape including the emergence of new standards, protocols and devices.
- Communicate regularly with other experience teams, business partners and IT development teams to understand the current opportunities and challenges as well as to share knowledge on development findings.
- Present our concepts of the near future to employees, customers, and outside groups.
- Translate IT partner system integration requirements to working experience teams for deeper understanding of development landscape and issues that may impact strategy and design of current and future products.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or one or more years of work experience.
- Willingness to work out of New York office with some work days in Basking Ridge, NJ and/or Piscataway, NJ.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Three or more years of deep interactive development/production experience with proven expertise and a portfolio of impressive work.
- Experience in rapid prototyping and agile development methodologies.
- Familiarity with various APIs.
- Experience in developing creative product concepts and communicating those concepts through the hands-on creation of working prototypes.
- A history of achieving commercial or artistic success from creative technological endeavors.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.