The Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) is recruiting for a Marketing Manager, reporting to the Senior Director, Channel Deployment.
CASE is a global membership association whose vision is to advance education to transform lives and society. Our mission is to inspire, challenge and equip communities of professionals to act effectively and with integrity to champion the success of their institutions. Advancing education in over 3,600 member institutions, CASE has 85,000 members in 82 countries working at universities, colleges, independent and international schools and non-profits. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., CASE works across all continents from its offices in London, Singapore and Mexico City.
CASE works to achieve a seamless ‘One CASE’ experience for all its stakeholders: particularly its members, volunteers and staff. Our new strategic plan seeks to make CASE truly global. Collaborating across time zones and borders, all CASE staff in all offices strive to make this ambitious aspiration a reality.
The primary duty of this position is to manage the day-to-day promotional marketing activities for 200+ CASE products and services with an overall goal of supporting more than $18 million in revenue while increasing sales, member engagement and awareness of CASE products and services.
This position is responsible for designing and deploying direct marketing strategies and tactics to increase participation CASE conferences, symposia, webinars, and other member educational services, and assessing the effectiveness of these marketing strategies and tactics. This position is also responsible—working with senior staff in the Volunteer and Member Engagement group—for designing and deploying marketing outreach strategies to recruit and retain institutional and individual members, per the CASE strategic plan.
The ability to plan, manage multiple marketing programs and projects at once and directing staff to complete objectives is essential. Interpersonal communications skills are critical.
The core functions of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Creates and implements marketing strategies for promoting CASE products and services, analyzes the effectiveness of these strategies, reports on the success of strategies, and revises strategies to create a stronger ROI. This position manages marketing strategies, selects audiences, and oversees creation of marketing materials and schedules.
- Creates marketing plans and production schedules for the promotion of products and services and for marketing campaigns. Ensures schedules are realistic and internal clients are consulted for availability for required reviews and approvals. Directs the team to ensure that strategies and materials meet strategic plans and are delivered on schedule. Develops and monitors full-year promotional marketing strategies. Regularly meets with internal program managers to determine full-year goals, understand promotional preferences, identify past year’s activities, describe current resources, and understand audience and competitive implications. Provides regular reports and status updates to promotional strategies and schedules and gains approval for in-process and completed materials.
- Works directly within the CASE membership database to select appropriate audiences for targeting and cross-selling. With the Production Coordinator, responsible for preparing mailing lists for mailhouse. Identifies opportunities where additional targets are sought outside CASE membership including list rentals and paid advertising. Manages the implementation of strategies for cross-selling products and services.
- In collaboration with online communications staff, designs and deploys social media marketing strategies. Provides leadership and support for promotional efforts through use of social media, including use of Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn to target and promote CASE products and services. Develops videos and other media as required.
- Manages the schedules and creates email-based marketing promotions. Serves as the primary contact and administrator for Informz (email delivery system). Provides CASE staff training and support for Informz. Oversees scheduling coordination of other electronic communications with CASE staff and volunteers.
- Creates a content marketing strategy that drives member engagement at CASE and that helps position the organization as a thought leader in higher education.
- Responsibilities for strategy, scheduling, writing/editing and budgeting will, at times, extend to non-promotional materials such as those distributed at CASE events and corporate communications.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of marketing efforts through sound data analytics. Participates as necessary in analyzing market research, web analytics and other data to determine audience preferences.
Fiscal Management/Budget Responsibilities/Judicious Use of Resources
- Works with Senior Director of Channel Deployment to develop and gain approval for the marketing promotions budget for products and services and manages that budget.
- Regularly reviews, records, and submits invoices for payment. Manages staff to ensure that specific promotional plans are within budget. Works with the Senior Director to suggest expenditures in areas such as software, outside advertising, and market research, as well as reviews of specific vendors. Researches and negotiates as necessary with vendors and freelancers to ensure competitive market pricing.
- Exercises fiscal responsibility in the utilization of all CASE resources.
- Exhibits appropriate leadership toward and works cooperatively with all volunteer groups for which this position is responsible. This may include the Board, Districts, Commissions, and others.
- Liaises with colleagues running CASE's conferences, workshops, and institutes in other parts of the world to ensure the best sharing of ideas, expertise and knowledge.
Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, publications, or related field; at least six or more years of hands-on experience marketing products and services with demonstrated results; budgeting experience required. Must have prior experience managing staff. Project management certification a plus.
Skills and Abilities: Experience in and demonstrated understanding of promotional marketing. Must be a team leader with strong interpersonal communication skills. Must have strong project management and organizational skills, especially in managing simultaneous projects, meeting deadlines, and meeting internal program manger’s requirements and expectations. Must have proficiency in data mining and analytics. Must be comfortable with technology, including e-newsletter software, design tools such as InDesign, and content management systems. Familiarity with the print and Web production processes a plus.
Qualified candidates should CLICK HERE to apply. Applications MUST include a résumé and cover letter with salary requirements and/or salary history. Applications without the required skills and experience or salary requirements will not be considered. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Preference may be given to applications received before November 27, 2017.