Publisher's Assistant - Vintage Anchor
Company: Random House North America
Requisition ID: 13058
Publisher’s Assistant to Executive Vice President & Publisher, Vintage Anchor
The Executive Vice President & Publisher, Vintage Anchor, is seeking an Assistant to provide support in the running of a busy and dynamic imprint. This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to all areas of the publishing process, in one of the industry’s leading imprints, publishing a staggering array of highly coveted authors from the whole Knopf Doubleday list.
Vintage Anchor Books is the trade paperback home to Knopf Doubleday authors, and the continuing publisher of many important writers. Its publishing list includes a wide range, from the most influential works of world literature to cutting-edge contemporary fiction and distinguished non-fiction. Authors published by the imprint include William Faulkner, Haruki Murakami, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Margaret Atwood, Anne Rice, and Dan Brown – to name just a few.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Providing day-to-day support to the Publisher and the publishing office of Vintage and Anchor Books
* Writing reader’s reports and fact sheets, evaluating manuscripts, and drafting catalogue copy
* Researching and preparing sales and editorial reports and compiling consumer analytics
* Assembling publishing presentations
* Act as a liaison with agents, authors, media and industry contacts
* Special project work will be assigned to support the overall editorial and publishing efforts of the Division
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
* Must have at least 2 years of prior office experience
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
* A keen eye and strong design capabilities
* Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments in a deadline driven environment
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office
* Must also have strong interpersonal skills, and be passionate about publishingPenguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.