Social Media and Audience Development Editor
Foreign Affairs is the leading journal in the field of U.S. foreign policy and international affairs. The Social Media and Audience Development Editor will identify and craft story angles to grow Foreign Affairs' following and circulation through social media, newsletters, partnerships, and more. We are looking for someone who has strong experience in using social platforms to promote a publication and build audience engagement.
The major responsibilities of this position will include (but are not limited to):
- Developing and executing strategies to accelerate audience growth, engagement, and traffic from established and emerging social platforms
- Coordinating the creation of platform-specific content
- Maintaining social accounts, primarily on Facebook and Twitter
- Analyzing analytics (Omniture, Google, etc.) to inform social strategy, as well as advising on editorial strategies
- Advising on headlines to maximize engagement and optimize SEO
- BA in International Relations or a related field, with high academic credentials
- A minimum of two years related experience in publishing
- Demonstrated success driving audience development for a publication, including experience in the management of social media and SEO optimization
- Strong social-specific writing ability; including the ability to translate in-depth stories into shareable social posts and headlines
- Expertise in Web analytics platforms such as Omniture, Chartbeat, Twitter analytics, Facebook Analytics, etc.
- Visual media experience (photography, videography) a plus, including visual media editing skills
- Knowledge of ESP platforms preferred; ideally with Sailthru
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment both independently and as part of a team