Business Development Director (Home-Based/Atlanta/Midwest)
5 days left
- Full Time
Northstar Travel Group is the leading B-to-B information and marketing solutions company serving all segments of the travel industry. Our portfolio includes media brands, digital media, face-to-face events, online subscription information services, business intelligence, SaaS e-commerce software, and content marketing solutions.
We are growing in size and scope and are seeking experienced business development directors to manage all aspects of sales including print, digital, event and custom projects. The Business Development Director is responsible for the successful achievement of overall sales goals and will work cooperatively with management team to achieve sales revenue objectives. He/she actively manages existing client bases and also has a strong focus on new business development.
Candidates may be home-based, preferably in the midwest (Chicago, Kansas City, St. Louis) or Atlanta, GA.
- Achieve or exceed monthly and annual revenue goals by developing a strategic plan to grow territory sales amongst existing clients and expanding sales opportunities to new clients
- Demonstrate consultative selling skills in digital/data/events/print/custom, enabling customers to drive their business and achieve their objectives
- Understand the competitive landscape and educate agencies and customers regarding the value and strength of Northstar in the marketplace.
- Prospect, build and maintain relationships within assigned territories at all levels (agency to C-level)
- Attend Northstar events and industry trade shows as necessary
- Create proposals and presentations and answer RFPs in a timely manner
- Work with internal teams on analytics, pre/post sale to clearly communicate progress of campaigns to clients and internal stakeholders
- Collaborate closely with management to build and maintain relationships with clients that include strategic consultation and support
- Reconcile all advertising activity with production, editorial and digital departments closings
- Accurately forecast revenue for your territory and deliver timely reports to sales management, complying with all process requirements, using Google Docs for events and special initiatives at management’s request and utilizing Salesforce for accurate and current account management.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5+ years integrated media sales experience
- BA or BS degree
- Knowledge of media/event sales with a strong digital acumen
- Able to work independently and conduct direct and clear message to internal and external stake holders.
- Proven track record of meeting/exceeding goals
- Excellent sales, negotiation and communication skills
- Self-motivated and thorough
- Experienced at efficiently building effective relationships (both internally and externally)
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Driven, self-starter with the ability to deliver results
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate ability to multi-task and think creatively
- Willingness to travel
- Knowledge of travel industry or meetings industry helpful
- Good sense of humor and likes working in an unstructured and fast paced environment
- Computer skills:Word, Excel, Powerpoint, email (Outlook preferred), contact management (Salesforce.com preferred)
Please send your cover letter with compensation requirements and your resume to NTMResumes@ntmllc.com. We offer a competitive compensation package, strong benefits and a dynamic and exciting culture. Check out what our employees have to say: http://www.northstartravelgroup.com/about-us/join-the-team.
Northstar Travel Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for Business Development Director (Home-Based/Atlanta/Midwest)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly