Position: Media Assistant
Weill Cornell Medicine’s Office of External Affairs is seeking a Media Assistant to join our Communications team. This is a temporary position for six months.
- Compile daily monitoring report for institution
- Conduct daily monitoring of traditional and social media
- Draft summaries explaining media articles
- Develop social media posts for daily clips of interest
- Flag notable hits to leadership and social media team
- Curate bi-weekly media report for leadership
- Review monitoring reports to select top hits
- Draft brief summaries, develop emails for Directors, and help facilitate approval process
- Pitch institutional stories for newsletter
- Compile editorial stories and links
- Track media results for yearly report
- Daily input and tagging of articles
- Conduct monthly reviews for annual report
- Provide logistical support for on-campus filmings
- Review and assess filming requests
- Provide media team with logistical support
- Provide media team administrative support
- Answer the External Affairs’ media line and PR email
- Assist the media team with day-to-day requests and projects
- Communications or public relations experience (1-3 years) in a PR agency, academic or healthcare setting. Journalism background is beneficial, but not required.
- College degree in English, journalism, communications, or related field.
Skill and Abilities
- Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to interact with multiple constituencies and exercise diplomacy.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Previous experience in media monitoring software is beneficial, but not required.
- Excellent writing, verbal and oral communication skills.
- Creative and thinker and problem solver; ability to think critically.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise standards of professionalism.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, ability to pay close attention to detail and juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please no phone calls.
Weill Cornell Medicine is an employer and educator recognized for valuing AA/EOE/M/F/Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Apply for Media Assistant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly