Director of Development Communications & Donor Relations
1 day left
- Full Time
San Francisco State University seeks a Director of Development Communications and Donor Relations. The Director is responsible for communications designed to support fundraising and campaign goals. Employing a customer-friendly model focused on the implementation of effective best practices in development-focused communications, the Director ensures that all development-oriented promotional materials, proposals and newsletters reflect the appropriate image, quality and tone for San Francisco State University. Writes and/or edits proposals in support of major gifts solicitations for foundations, corporations and individuals. Produces, creates, writes and/or edits and oversees the production of development publications, including alumni relations materials that support development objectives.Writes and/or edits and oversees the production of development related news both internally and externally.Working with designers, web masters, photographers and videographers, the Director develops a range of promotional and marketing of collateral to support development objectives.
- Five to seven years of experience in communications.
- Extensive knowledge of communications, promotional and marketing principles.
- Demonstrated outstanding, persuasive writing, including experience developing proposals, donor or client briefings, recognition letters, reports and related publications.
- Excellent attention to detail, editing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to develop and monitor production schedules and budgets.
- Demonstrated experience developing communications-oriented business plans, as well as reports focused on production progress and ROI/impact.
- Ability to conceive fundraising communications strategies for a variety of audiences and projects.
- Project management experience; multitasking organizational ability enabling a capacity to work on multiple projects with competing deadlines; experience proactively managing regularly changing work priorities.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of design, photography and digital media strategies and techniques.
- Ability to effectively use desktop publishing and other computer software.
- Demonstrated ability to produce web-based publications.
- Appropriate professional demeanor, judgment, and maintenance of strict confidentiality.
- Understanding, knowledge and experience with donor relations or the equivalent.
- Demonstrated strong oral communications skills; including capacity to communicate with an ethnically and culturally diverse university community.
- Deep appreciation and understanding of the University’s mission and the ability to articulate academic values internally and externally.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Preferred experience with developing public relations and communications plans in support of priority programs on which the Development staff focus.
- Management experience.
- Experience with Development, preferably in a university setting.
- Experience with Drupal, HTML and similar products, techniques and platforms.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
SF State offers a competitive compensation package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, 401k, Healthcare Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave as well as State Holidays and a dynamic Fee Waiver program, all geared towards the University's commitment to attract, motivate and retain our employees.
SF State is an Equal Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act employer and has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity.
For the full job description and to apply, visit http://bit.ly/sfsujobs . Please note that cover letters and resumes must be uploaded together in a single document. Only applications submitted through SF State’s website will be reviewed. The Job ID is 9551.