Palgrave Macmillan specialises in cutting-edge academic books in the Humanities and Social Sciences. It publishes monographs, journals, textbooks, professional and reference works, in subjects ranging from Political Science, Economics and History, to Literature, Linguistics and Business.
We are looking for a motivated Editorial Assistant to join our Palgrave US Team. This position will be based out of our Soho, Manhattan office and will report locally to an Editor. The Editorial Assistant will support Editors for the Regional Politics and Development Studies list (in the US) and the International Relations and Security Studies list (remotely to the UK). The Editorial Assistant will also build good working relationships with authors and deal effectively with day-to-day administration. Specific responsibilities of the Editorial Assistant include:
- Managing editorial processes and the peer review process for new proposals.
- Preparing final typescripts for transmittal to production.
- Writing and editing cover copy and blurbs.
- Liaising with authors and colleagues in sales, marketing, production and editorial.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 0-2 year’s editorial experience; preference for academic and scholarly exposure.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with basic Microsoft Office applications; database experience preferred.
- Keen proofreading skills and sharp eye for detail.
- Exceptional organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work on your own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Ability to demonstrate good publishing business awareness and the ability to learn quickly.
Please submit a cover letter along with a resume in your application. Thank you.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is
The Law Poster:
For information about our Research Editorial and Publishing career opportunities please visit the new Springer Nature E&P website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs.
Springer Nature is a leading global research, educational and professional publisher, home to an array of respected and trusted brands providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services.
Springer Nature is the world’s largest academic book publisher, publisher of the world’s highest impact journals and a pioneer in the field of open research. The company numbers almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries and has a turnover of approximately EUR 1.5 billion. Springer Nature was formed in 2015 through the merger of Nature Publishing Group, Palgrave Macmillan, Macmillan Education and Springer Science+Business Media.