CoinDesk is the number one media player in the hypergrowth world of blockchain & digital assets. We help seasoned professionals and those that are brand new stay current on the evolving industry, helping them to make decisions in the day-to-day of their businesses. CoinDesk reaches five million people, generating over 15 million views each month.
We are seeking a graphic design specialist to own our two primary brands, CoinDesk and Consensus, in all avenues of design. We’re looking for a candidate who will be able to execute on all of our design needs in print and web. You will work with the marketing team on collateral to promote the events as well as support the news team for graphics they may need.
Top Reasons to Work for CoinDesk:
- We are the #1 media player dedicated to blockchain
- We have seen unprecedented growth, with audience growing 400% year-over-year
- Freedom to manage your projects without interference
- Opportunity to heavily influence the direction of the company
As part of the CoinDesk team, you will:
- Create web banners and digital campaign collateral to promote different CoinDesk products
- Work with the events team by creating event collateral, digital and print materials for the Consensus suite of events
- Support the editorial team on infographics for their day-to-day original reporting
- Provide graphical support for any products that the research department puts out, including our oft-sourced State of Blockchain
- Optional: Design and code newsletter templates
Required skills and experience include:
- Two years experience designing for a media & events business
- Proficiency in Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Basic understanding of HTML & CSS
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as with others
- The ability to manage multiple projects and balance the needs of the marketing and editorial teams
- A willingness to learn about digital assets and blockchain technology.
About the Culture:
CoinDesk is a small company with incredible ambition. We care about the work that we do and about our mission to inform and educate this rapidly growing audience. You will have an immediate impact on the growth of CoinDesk. We are not siloed, so it’s important that you can communicate across departments and offer support even if it falls outside the job description. Ultimately, we’re a close-knit team that takes huge pride in the opportunity we have. We want you to join that.
You will report to the Director of Marketing, but will work very closely with the editorial and events team.
Please send your resume to email@example.com with your resume, a portfolio of your design work, and a short cover letter about why you want to join CoinDesk. Please put Graphic Designer in the subject line.