Edible Marketing & Experiential Associate
Marketing & Experiential Associate
Are you interested in being a part of an inspiring, rapidly growing, mission-focused company? Then we'd love to meet you!
With quarterly print titles in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Nassau and Suffolk Counties, mobile-first digital channels, rapidly growing social media streams and live event experiences, Edible is the trusted, definitive food voice for the New York Metro and Long Island areas.
Compensation commensurate with experience. This is a part-time contract (to begin, with potential to move to three-quarter or full-time).
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES -
- Proposal writing and deck building (tied to business development and large partnership/sponsorship programs).
- Creative thinking. Once you get to know Edible and our capabilities, you will be tasked with assisting with ideas for creative executions and solutions for our partners.
- Activation. Tasked with activation management for key client programs (programs may include but not limited to; digital, social, print, and experiential)
- Head experiential coordinator:
- lead on client event executions at Edible tentpole events
- lead on custom event executions on behalf of specific clients and partners
- Work directly with our Head of Business Development & Experiential Executive
- Provide timely updates to Business Development Executive
- Involvement with all facets of marketing both the Edible brand and our event brands (includes but not limited to; production, merchandise, signage, press, ticketing)
- Large involvement with Edible’s largest event - Food Loves Tech
*SALES DIVISION INCENTIVE
Not a requirement, but those with sales experience will be given special consideration. In addition to the responsibilities above, those with this experience will be allowed to sell Edible’s offerings as an opportunity to secure additional income. This incentive is entirely commission based.
You will be responsible for all aspects of the sale from the initial call and closing the sale through making sure all program elements are being executed appropriately.
YOUR EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience and interest in marketing, events, and sales
- You have 2+ years of media/events/sales experience
- Outgoing/comfortable meeting and interfacing with existing and prospective clients
- You are a fearless cold-caller, rapid email sender and responder, creative campaign thinker, and other traits that make a great media sales person today.
- You have superb organizational skills and self-motivation
- Experience and facility with Salesforce or other CRM
- You consume web and social media content and have a strong interest in new media communications
- You enjoy the kind of content covered in Edible: locavore food scene, farmers markets, community gardens, artisan ingredients, small-batch booze, local food policy and a really good doughnut.
PERKS (You will enjoy all sorts of perks!):
- Be on the masthead of a James Beard Award–winning media brand.
- Work with passionate, mission-driven, food- and drink-focused colleagues.
- A chance to be a player in the food and media world during a highly transitional time
- Free passes for friends and family to all Edible events
- Edible is a work-from-home organization that allows for flexible schedules and creative pursuits on the side (you will need to be available during most business hours but can have a flexible work schedule). You will be required to meet with our Head of Business Development and Experiential regularly - but on a schedule you both determine.
We are an equal opportunity company and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Candidates should email cover note and resume, as well as any salary requirements, to Kerri@EdibleEastEnd.com using the subject line APPLICANT: EDIBLE EVENTS & SALES