Vice President – New York City About Cooney Waters Unlimited
Founded in 1992, Cooney Waters Unlimited is mid-sized firm headquartered in New York City that provides the full range of public relations and public affairs services to health care, pharmaceutical and biotechnology enterprises in the non-profit, government, academic and industrial sectors throughout the world
Consistently ranked among the top independent health care agencies in the U.S., more than 45+ health care communications professionals are focused exclusively in health and science across many therapeutic areas and health industries. All clients, regardless of size, are provided direct involvement of a long-tenured senior team. Cooney Waters Unlimited has a culture of honesty, hard work, collegiality and respect.
The VP position is responsible for maintaining client success, profitability and growth of accounts; staff management and growth/development; and new and organic business growth. Previous experience in infectious diseases is a plus.
- Develop and direct strategy and creative for at least $1 million of business (fee income)
- Synthesize information and provide counsel on an ad hoc basis – orally and in writing
- Developing plans and budgets – from research and creative ideas to writing program and budgets
- Manage relationship building on behalf of and in service for clients: with third-party groups, thought leaders, etc.
- Develop strategic consumer/patient awareness campaigns, including social media-driven programs
- Identify and develop opportunities for growth of existing accounts
- Supervise client activities and agency account team(s) from strategic vision to tactical execution, details and account administration
- Oversee account team in day-to-day activities, including timelines, budget tracking, invoicing, team meetings, media monitoring, media strategy, producing client-ready written materials, event planning/coordination/conduct, competitive intelligence
- Serve as a troubleshooter, identifying problems and also making an effort to find solutions
- Manage junior staff and involve/inform senior management in a consistent manner – team-oriented up and down
- Monitor staff development and identify needs and opportunities for training
- Conduct performance reviews; identify goals and evaluate achievements
- Make a significant contribution to growing agency’s business, through agency marketing and new biz proposal development
Email only please: email@example.com