Media Relations Manager
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The Media Relations Manager works as part of the Communications team to help build creative, content-driven PR strategies for ICSC. This position is responsible for managing media relations for the organization.
Build creative, content-driven PR strategies for ICSC
Raise awareness of ICSC through the timely and appropriate press releases and media alerts to targeted media
- Implement PR strategies and content that support overall communications strategies and plans for the organization.
- Establish, develop and proactively manage relationships with target media outlets and contacts.
- Manage the press room at large events.
- Write and edit blog posts, press releases, media alerts, press kits, and other forms of communications as needed.
- Build and manage media lists
- Monitor media coverage and create media hit reports for senior staff
- Manage, vet and schedule press inquiries and interviews for spokespeople.
Responsible for the creation of key ICSC communications, such as the Annual Report, Event Media Kits, and research publications
- Work with outside agencies in drafting of press releases as well as in-house Research team to verify data and review content.
- Interpret survey data to create a compelling and interesting story
- Create talking points for senior staff in preparation for media interviews or inquiries from ICSC members
- Work with agency partners to pitch media on specific issues and explore potential opportunities for ICSC in the media
- Occasional travel for events, as needed
- Bachelors’ Degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field, plus 5-7 years post-graduate experience in public relations, specifically working with the media on a daily basis.
- Comfortable running the media room and directing inquiries to the appropriate party
- Excellent oral and written communications skills. Strong editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to multitask and managing multiple, sometimes conflicting priorities
- Self-directs work and able to work to tight deadlines. Thrives in a high-performance culture
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Knowledge of Cision or similar platform
- Professional and positive demeanor; strong work ethic
- Retail / retail real estate industry background is strongly preferred.
ICSC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, marital or veteran status, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. The company expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color relations, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the company’s employees to perform their job duties may result tin disciplinary actions up to and including discharge.
Job Type: Full-time