Page Production/Layout Artist
7 days left
- Full Time
It’s a new era in consumer marketing. BlueSoho, a division of Quad/Graphics, helps our clients meet the challenge. As an integrated marketing and technology firm, the BlueSoho team helps customers connect their print content across mobile, digital, video, social media and other marketing channels. Our full suite of services is designed to deliver high-impact brand experiences.
BlueSoHo, a division of Quad/Graphics, has an exciting opportunity for a Page Production Artist to work on-site at Do it Best Corp. headquarters in Fort Wayne, IN. A successful candidate will use their experience in desktop layout design to exceed client expectations and interpret client directions to create layouts and requested corrections within our fast paced environment. The purpose of this position is to assemble and process high-resolution layouts to provide our customers with superior quality press ready files. Qualified candidates will need to have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be able to thrive in a team environment and work independently with minimal supervision. Attention to detail and exceptional communication skills is a must. Previous file management and customer service experience preferred.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Follow client directions to create layouts
- Read and follow internal markup and customer instructions
- Perform specific corrections as needed, determined by evaluation of provided copy and/or soft proof evaluation
- General knowledge of retail versioning
- Create special effects in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Provide feedback to other production operators
- General knowledge of the workflows and procedures for the assigned area
- Understanding of Apple Macintosh environment
- Responsible for tracking or moving job components through production using Quad/Graphics Smart Tools or Imaging IT-developed applications
- Other job related duties as assigned
- Three to five years’ experience designing and producing for catalogs, direct mail, signage, retail inserts, etc.
- Knowledge of creating and working with templates and style sheets; including page formatting of copy, placing photos and artwork; producing multiple versions
- Proficiency in Macintosh-based Adobe CC Design and Production Suites
- Knowledge of steps required for the print process and an understanding of production methods to ensure designs can be produced for print delivery
- Portfolio samples required
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace