Digital Library Sales Manager
A New York-based prestigious scientific society is seeking a full-time sales professional for the role of Digital Library Sales Manager. This role is responsible for the overall growth of the institutional subscription business of the organization’s research platform, the Digital Library (DL), in the Corporate and Government markets. Successful candidate must be located in the organization’s New York City headquarters.
· Relationship building with new and existing customers, agents and intermediaries.
· Negotiating annual and multi-year contracts.
· Successfully achieving annual sales targets and budgets
· Developing and implementing a global corporate and government sales plan
· Monitor account receivables for DL Corporate and Government accounts to maintain timely payments, and follow through with payment collection activities for past-due accounts
· Conduct frequent project demonstrations for existing and new customers
· Maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, and follow-up activities.
· Development and management of a database of qualified leads through referrals, cold calling, direct mail, email, and networking.
· Assist DL Sales & Advertising Director with development of annual DL commercial planning activities, including marketing, sales and budgetary planning.
· 4 year college degree
· 6-8 years of relevant scholarly publishing sales experience, preferably working for an international publishing organization
· Experience operating in a global sales environment
· Experience with government and corporate sales
· Ability to travel extensively (15-18+ weeks per year/approximately 35%)
· International travel to Asia, Middle East, South America and Europe.
**Only resumes with cover letter and salary requirements will be considered.