Job Title: Assistant Editor
Location: Montclair, NJ
Reports To: Managing Editor
Summary: The Assistant Editor supports efforts to develop and curate meaningful, actionable and engaging content for Vertical Health’s publishing properties including; www.Psycom.net, www.PracticalPainManagement.com (and the Practical Pain Management journal), www.SpineUniverse.com, www.OnTrackDiabetes.com and www.EndocrineWeb.com. The Assistant Editor coordinates efforts among Vertical Health’s editorial staff. This important role, with room to grow, entails, among other things: writing, editing, proofreading, researching article topics, and working in various content management systems (CMS). This is a full-time position (~40-hours, Monday through Friday).
- Follow breaking news in related categories and pitch story ideas.
- Coordinate with SEO team to maximize reach of articles published.
- Coordinate content uploads to CMS.
- Assist editorial staff on routing submissions, checking references, formatting content, etc.
- Assist in social media planning.
- Assist in production of multiple weekly e-newsletters.
- Analyze web analytics; offer insights into content development growth.
Skill sets include:
- Strong interest in medical/health content.
- Writing for an online health audience.
- Detail-oriented and comfortable speaking to healthcare professionals and their staffs to help ensure copy deadlines are met.
- Previous experience editing and proofreading a plus.
- Familiarity with content management systems.
- Familiarity with search engine optimization (SEO) and best practices.
- Familiarity with promoting engaging content across a variety of social media platforms.
- Having the strong interpersonal skills necessary for being a successful team player. .
- Ability to work within deadlines and be resourceful.
Vertical Health, based in Montclair, NJ, educates and engages patients and healthcare practitioners in several key health categories. Our content includes tips, expert advice, inspiration and resources for people in need of high-quality health information. Our team publishes and represents multiple health websites and a leading medical teaching journal in the United States. Our highly-skilled staff has developed a variety of products and tools that engage patients and physicians, and attract advertisers to support our initiatives. As a rapidly growing company, we offer many opportunities to learn, grow and succeed. Our success is a testament to our employees, our products and our overall mission.
Apply for Assistant Editor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly