- Full Time
RJ Media Group is a 5th generation, family owned media company operating in Central Connecticut and Southeastern Connecticut/Southern Rhode Island. We publish 2 daily newspapers, 7 community weeklies, 2 websites and employ 125 people in two locations. We are seeking a dynamic leader who is motivated to play a key role shaping the newest division of our company, HOMEBASE Digital. HOMEBASE will be a full-service digital agency, offering marketing solutions that fuel business growth in our communities.
This leader on our senior management team will help build our strategic plan for HOMEBASE and then execute the strategy. He/she will be actively involved in sales and fulfillment as they build out the team to align with our growth. For a seasoned digital media executive with an entrepreneurial mindset who wants to be a part of a fast-moving company focused on growth, without the corporate grind, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
The Managing Director will be responsible for leading the agency team, including revenue generation, post-sale fulfillment, training, market research, customer service, vendor review/selection and the P&L. He/she will assist and coach the sales force in effectively selling digital media campaigns. The Managing Director will also proactively identify new digital sales opportunities as well as ensure optimum advertiser performance with online campaigns.
- Create the annual HOMEBASE Digital revenue and expense budgets.
- Lead marketing efforts for HOMEBASE Digital to increase brand awareness in support of sales goals.
- Maintain awareness of local competitors in the marketplace, always striving to improve the competitive position of HOMEBASE Digital.
- Manage direct and indirect reports to achieve revenue/expense budgets and other goals.
- Stay abreast of regional and national trends via involvement in industry associations and other relevant groups.
- Attend community and professional events as necessary.
- Lead revenue generation activities at the senior level, prospect for new business and work through the sales process to close business.
- Develop & sell HOMEBASE products and programs, demonstrating value to new and existing customers.
- Ensure HOMEBASE Digital media consultants meet or exceed monthly digital sales goals, anticipating any challenges, and working with sales team and other sales management to determine strategies to overcome possible shortfalls.
- Provide support, coaching, training and digital product information to sales team.
- Maintain a customer-first environment with a proactive commitment to internal and external customer service.
- Manage campaign performance and advertiser satisfaction throughout the campaign.
- Manage retention efforts to ensure customers are not lost while acquiring new accounts.
- Maintain awareness of trends in campaign fulfillment and adjust HOMEBASE Digital fulfillment structure to meet changes in sales volume and industry advances.
- College degree required.
- Five years digital media management experience, with social media skills required.
- Computer skills required, including strong proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Comfortable with a player/coach position, especially in the early stages.
- Possess high degree of business and personal integrity.
- Ability to drive others to achieve desired performance objectives.
- Technologically savvy with a keen interest in all things digital.
- Ability to manage and interpret data.
- Results oriented with an understanding of profit & loss, ROI & pricing sensitivity.
- Organized, efficient and able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work cooperatively with coworkers and managers.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including spelling, punctuation and grammar.
If this sounds like your next job, email resume, cover letter & salary requirements