Brave New Films System Administrator:
Brave New Films is looking for a talented IT professional ready to manage all company technology as BNF's System Administrator. The best fit for this position will be an individual who has at least 3-5 years of experience in Enterprise technology or customer facing technical support with a solid understanding of OSX/MacOS. The company is looking for a self-starter with a can do attitude, willing and able to own smaller projects while also using zendesk to manage incoming tickets from internal employees that range anywhere from a tier 1 issue all the way to a tier 3 issue. No previous OSX Server knowledge necessary, but an understanding of and willingness to learn server technology as it relates to the Media and Entertainment industry is a must.
- Proper maintenance, upkeep, and allocation of technical systems, servers, and end-user workstations.
- Maintain updated asset management logs of office technology assets and accessories.
- Networking policy of both Gigabit Ethernet and Fibre Channel networks.
- Hierarchical storage management policies between the SAN, LTO, and cloud storages. Maintaining the backup protocols is pivotal to working with the large amounts of data that move through a post-production facility.
- CatDV Media Asset Management policies and technologies, including Metadata tagging for onsite/offsite LTO archives and data acquisition and recovery from offline archives.
- Technical advisor to the management team; provide technology roadmaps and system upgrade schedules.
- Point of contact and technical liaison between the company and external vendors, partners, and consultants.
- Familiarity and comfort in account management and support for video editing software, including Premiere and Creative Cloud Suite of Applications.
- Bonus but not required, familiarity with digital media assets, file types and footage/media specs.
- Eagerness to tackle and troubleshoot both simple and complex that may be outside of the typical scope of support for a System Administrator; due to the size of the company, this position is responsible for most technology related issues at Brave New Films.
- 3-5 years experience troubleshoot OSX/MacOS hardware and software; preferably with an ACMT certification in the past few years.
- Previous experience with Apple Remote Desktop.
- Minimum 1-2 years helpdesk support or customer service support.
Brave New Films (BNF) is a non-profit 501(c)3 and 501(c)4 organization founded in 2005 that creates social-justice-oriented film and video projects. We distribute content via social media, in classrooms, and through collaborations and screenings with partner organizations. We have a staff of 20 people, with offices in Culver City, CA.
We offer full benefits including healthcare with fully paid premiums, hiatus, vacation, sick pay, family/maternity/paternity leave.
BNF is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion into our workplace where such values are at the forefront of our daily work and interactions. We value and seek diverse team members who are passionate, innovative, and supportive of these values.
BNF provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates must submit the following via email: SystemAdministratorJob@bravenewfilms.org in order to be considered for this position. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Resume detailing current and former positions in the Information Technology sector.
- Cover letter telling us about yourself, what issues or causes are important to you, and why you would be a good fit for this job.
Apply for System Administrator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly