Associate Art Director
- Full Time
Title: Associate Art Director with a strong print and digital design skill set
Competencies: Strong conceptual abilities, attention to detail, creative, deadline driven, effective communicator and sense of humor.
We encourage you to flex your creative muscles, stay positive, and consistently push yourself to elevate your work.
You will collaborate with smart people, enjoy a work-llife balance and have a voice in making a difference in what we do.
Working hard is in what we do and love. If you’re composed under pressure, not afraid to succeed and welcome a challenge, this is the job for you.
• Works to produce high quality creative and innovative designs on a daily basis.
• Collaborates with art, editorial and sales team to plan, analyze, organize and execute assigned projects
• Stewards the look, tone and feel of the brand
• Creates a wide range of ideas/designs to ensure the creative execution supports the brand strategy under the direction of the Art Director.
• Develops and designs the aesthetics, visual design and layouts of digital, print magazine and marketing design projects.
• Creates a range of ideas and designs to ensure the art direction and visual presentation supports the concepts
• Prepares materials from client presentations
• Contributes on concept/pitch work to open new business and grow existing relationships
• Identifies opportunities to innovate and grow
Skills & Requirements:
• Minimum of 3+ years’ experience in a related field. Leadership experience preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree or greater
• Brilliant aesthetic and a passion for all things design
• Hands-on understanding of fundamental principles of print and digital marketing
• Knowledge of industry relevant multimedia software/programs: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc
• Clear focus on speed, efficiency and quality of execution
• Contributes to the creation of the brand style and brand voice
• Great in a crowd (i.e. strong presentation skills, great personality, quick-thinking)
• Presents to internal groups as needed to sell and defend work
• Passion for new technology, mobile trends & tech innovation
• Good sense of aesthetic when selecting stock photography and illustrated art
• Provides direction to photographers and stylists on photo and video shoots
• Refined skills of typography, practicing knowledge of information design.
• Manages multiple projects and/or mentor less experienced peers
• Maintains file-management, using consistent naming conventions and procedures
Resumes without salary requirements will not be considered. Interviews to begin on or about 12/4/17.
Company Description: With each of our 10 annual issues, The Local Palate welcomes you to discover and enjoy The Food Culture of the South. We highlight chefs, mixologist’s, artisan’s, Farmers, fisherman and the people, places and experiences our readership craves. The James Beard nominated publication is packed with classic and cutting-edge recipes, as well as tips and tricks to bring your culinary skills to the next level. Visually stunning photography is complemented by compelling stories on culinary personalities—from the unknown to famous —ensuring our national readership a balanced insider’s look into all that makes the South so delicious. Visit thelocalpalate.com.
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, etc.