Web Content Specialist
- Full Time
The primary function of the web content specialist is to assist in planning, developing and maintaining PCOM’s web presence in a manner that positively promotes the College’s identity and brand.
This individual will work in a highly collaborative environment supporting the College, and with all programs/departments. The web content specialist will be based on Georgia campus and will report to the web content manager, also based on the Georgia campus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The duties of the web content specialist include, but are not limited to, the following:
● Responding promptly, accurately and efficiently to requests from students, faculty, staff and administration.
● Troubleshooting and resolving basic technical issues, and working with the appropriate individuals to resolve more complicated issues.
● Managing multiple projects simultaneously and meeting deadlines.
● Developing, writing, editing, proofreading and implementing site content with a strong emphasis on maintaining brand consistency and adherence to institutional web standards.
● Assessing content performance utilizing web analytic programs and other tools; identifying and implementing needed adjustments.
● Managing projects throughout all phases including RFP development, contract approval, storyboarding, shoots, timeline/scheduling, final production and approvals.
● Working independently to carry out assigned duties and responsibilities.
● Working with other members of the web team to plan and execute major initiatives and projects.
● Performing other related duties as assigned or requested.
● Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, information technology or a related field.
Essential Skills and Competencies
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Strong time management skills.
● Exceptional organizational skills.
● Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
● Ability to write, edit and proofread content with meticulous attention to detail in accordance with established institutional web policies and procedures.
● Ability to think creatively, strategically and analytically.
● Ability to manage sensitive information and issues and represent the College professionally and expertly in working with media outlets and other outside entities.
The web content specialist will:
● Have demonstrable experience with content management systems, OU campus preferred.
● Have experience writing for, and posting content to, the web.
● Be proficient in the use of Google Analytics.
● Be proficient with Photoshop or similar programs.
● Have experience or training in search engine optimization best practices.
● Have working knowledge of layout/web design, photography, digital editing and videography.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
● Google Analytics Individual Qualification (IQ) preferred.
● Google Tag Manager Fundamentals training desirable.
All inquiries must include:
- Three (3) writing samples
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
- Three (3) references, preferably from current or former supervisors.