Content Development Lead (Miami, Florida)
About the position
This role will create and curate content across social media, the Softonic website, newsletters, notifications, and syndication partners. In addition, this role is responsible for creating and maintaining a content marketing calendar across these channels, taking input from SEO, social media, and editorial. The Content Development Lead will have the goal of increasing engagement from Softonic’s existing US-based audience, and increasing US-based organic traffic by working closely with SEO specialists.
We are looking for an amazing content creator and manager to make compelling, social-ready marketing copy for a solutions-focused technology website across multiple marketing platforms. The content development lead for Softonic will be responsible for creating a content marketing strategy and generating content that drives consumption from a US audience across multiple channels. Here’s what we’re looking for in candidates:
- You know how to make technology interesting and useful.
- You excel at creating compelling marketing content across different platforms and formats.
- You are capable of recruiting and leading a small team of staff freelance writers.
- You are comfortable using user insights and analytics tools to guide your content decisions.
- You have superior organization skills, and are capable of managing editorial schedules across multiple platforms, formats, and time zones.
- You are prolific, able to create tons of copy in a short period of time. You have demonstrable skill writing and editing marketing copy.
- You have experience working with video. Experience with SEO-driven strategy a plus.
- Experience working with basic HTML and CMS tools a plus.
We are looking for candidates with native-English-level writing, who are self-motivated, collaborative and able to work independently while remote.
Softonic is based in Barcelona, Spain, so the ideal candidate lives in the Eastern Standard time zone (6 hour time difference). Spanish language capability is a plus, but is not required.