- Full Time
To be part of the AMA is to be part of our Mission to promote the art and science of medicine and the betterment of public health. Join the AMA team that is dedicated to the betterment of public health as the SEO Specialist in Physician Engagement – Digital Standards. As part of the team, you will be responsible for managing SEO activities such as keyword strategy, link building, and on-page and off-page SEO tactics to increase rankings on all major search networks and assist with internal search strategies.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Optimize copy and landing pages for search engine optimization (on-page and off-page techniques) and improve inbound organic search traffic, SERPs and internal search; develop and implement link building strategy.
- Perform ongoing keyword research including discovery and expansion of keyword opportunities and research and implement content recommendations for organic SEO success.
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords and partner with our analytics, UX, digital marketing and IT teams to improve external and internal search.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, or related field required.
- Must have 4-5 years of proven experience in digital writing and search engine optimization and keyword mapping experience.
- Must have a background in creating reports showing web analytics data and site evaluations.
- Familiarity with working with back-end/technical SEO elements such as .htaccess, robots.txt, metadata, site speed optimization, and related skills.
- An understanding of mobile strategy and how it relates to SEO.
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments and using tools such as Optimizely, strongly preferred but not required.
- Experience working within a content management system, such as Drupal.
- Experience with search engine tools, including Google Webmaster Tools and Google’s Keyword Tools.
- Working knowledge of AP style.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; Very quick learner and able to balance multiple priorities successfully.
- Ability to collaborate and work with cross-functional teams, such as IT, analytics, and marketing.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, often changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment.
The AMA offers competitive salaries, including an incentive plan; excellent benefits and progressive technology. Our office is a business casual environment and we respect work-life balance. Please apply at https://ama-assn.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=2&c=ama-assn&id=606&source=MB. The American Medical Association is located at 330 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 and is convenient to all public transportation in Chicago.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. As an EOE/AA employer, the American Medical Association will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and veteran or disability status.
THE AMA IS COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE HEALTH OF THE NATION