Digital Product Business Analyst
- Full Time
W. W. Norton is seeking to fill the position of Digital Product Business Analyst. The Digital Product Business Analyst will work within the IT Department (in the Digital Product Development team). This position acts as the intermediary between our digital media teams and the technical teams. This position is responsible for gathering requirements for current and new digital learning tools for the company's educational technology in our higher education market. The Digital Product Business Analyst will work with the development team through design and implementation of those digital learning tools. Through collaboration with various internal stakeholders, the analyst will collect, refine, and document requirements in accordance with project needs. This position reports to the Director of Education Technology and is based out of our New York office.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Gather, analyze, and define stakeholder requirements for our digital products.
- Work with stakeholders to collect detailed requirements and maintain projects throughout the SDLC.
- Communicate requirements to development teams and track follow-through (in coordination with the Project Manager).
- Translate business objectives into functional requirements.
- Support the Project Manager in managing the product backlog.
- Support the Technical Project Manager in defining business rules.
- Interact with the Project Manager in planning and scoping requirements.
- Collaborate and communicate with stakeholders, developers, and designers.
- Create acceptance criteria for user stories to define features and expectations for deliverables.
- Create and execute test cases for use by internal IT staff, business stakeholders, and external vendors to validate new features or patches.
- Maintain technical knowledge of e-learning applications and compile information into recommendations and analyses.
- Work closely with the product management team in their efforts to document, train, and support our digital products.
- Participate and prepare for backlog grooming and sprint planning sessions.
- Participate in weekly and monthly review meetings with external vendors, business stakeholders, developers, and internal IT staff.
- Various other tasks as needed, as assigned by the Director of Education Technology.
Please note - this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.
- Minimum of 5 years in media development.
- Experience with or knowledge of agile development methodology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized with strong multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to organize and work under strict timelines while producing quality deliverables.
- Experience working with e-learning, educational tools, and/or learning management systems (preferable).
- Bachelor's degree.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies and programs.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Knowledge of the publishing industry (preferable).
- Ability to work standard business hours in Norton’s NYC office.
- Employment eligibility to work in the United States is required.
W. W. Norton & Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.