Digital Marketing Director
As our Digital Marketing Director, you will work with editors, the sales team, digital producers, and clients to develop and execute digitally focused marketing and revenue programs for Active Interest Media’s Marine Group, serving the recreational boating consumer and trade audiences.
Your primary responsibility will be to create and manage digital marketing and advertising campaigns that help our team increase the quantity and quality of prospects for our advertising clients. At your disposal will be the most robust archive of content serving the recreational marine market, 10 newly designed websites, and a strong set of metrics and automation tools built into our Salesforce email platform.
This position encompasses marketing, digital, graphics and data analytics skills, and requires an agile intellect that can blend customer intelligence, storytelling, database manipulation, and technology to craft world-class marketing programs. Using data analysis and cutting-edge audience-engagement techniques, our digital team will build efficient campaigns that are meaningful for both our readers and our advertising partners.
You’re a digital marketer and data junkie who blends entrepreneurial thinking with excellent problem-solving and organizational skills. You’ve demonstrated the ability to think innovatively while also paying attention to detail and delivering results against monthly and quarterly goals.
The position will be based in our Essex, CT office.
- Collaborate on strategy and execution of the Marine Group’s digital programs for web sites, banner advertising, 3rd party e-blasts, e-newsletters, online education, events, and lead generation.
- Marketing to grow the e-newsletter and 3rd party lists with consistent plan, marketing automation tools, using incentives, co-sponsor drives, re-engagement with expires.
- Manage marketing campaigns from start to finish, including planning, copy writing, effective design, email deployment, testing, evaluating and reporting metrics. Focus on email marketing with additional efforts from social media, web and print.
- Manage a team of three digital administrators for web site, e-mail and content programs.
- Monitor, analyze, report and adapt to data from digital and social monitoring tools with the goal of improving traffic, customer engagement and lead conversions.
- Use marketing automation tools to create database segments as well as targeted and triggered messages based on customer preferences and actions.
- Understand how all aspects of the marketing program, from opt-in and message content and design to delivery and list management, affect email deliverability.
- Develop and execute schedule for client reporting on 3rd party e-mail, newsletter banners, lead gen programs.
- Partner with the digital team and sales staff to optimize marketing campaigns and content performance to achieve external goals (prospects) and internal benchmarks.
- Create and implement digital programs, contests and leveraged content.
- Production and deployment of HTML newsletter templates.
- Ability to produce digital media kits and promotional ads for print and web.
- 2-3 years of experience working in a modern, data-driven lead generation business, with a strong understanding of best practices throughout all facets of the funnel, from content marketing and email acquisition to nurturing and scoring.
- Intimate knowledge of email marketing and marketing automation software, database management, basic HTML, data analysis and reporting, and Google Analytics.
- Familiarity with web content management systems, Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Adobe Photoshop.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills including the ability to provide guidance to industry partners who range from novices to experts.
- Execution-focused mindset and a highly analytical approach that’s capable of interpreting data to improve campaign effectiveness.
- Capacity to balance, prioritize and deliver excellent results under tight deadlines.
- Support the Marine Group’s sales team in educating clients, making presentations, writing proposals, and providing best-in-class customer service to advertising partners.
- Closely project-manage client campaigns to achieve maximum ROI and customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of Photoshop or InDesign, basic HTML, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, and web applications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment reference check.
Apply for Digital Marketing Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly