Director, Content and Digital Marketing
Driving growth is in our DNA. No other organization influences the industry’s growth agenda more than the ANA (Association of National Advertisers). It is our unique and profound difference — a difference that enables us to lead from a position of strength across a broad spectrum of arenas. Founded in 1910, the ANA provides leadership that advances marketing excellence and shapes the future of the industry. The ANA's membership includes more than 1,000 companies with 15,000 brands that collectively spend or support more than $400 billion in marketing and advertising annually. The membership is comprised of more than 750 client-side marketers and 300 associate members, which include leading agencies, law firms, suppliers, consultants, and vendors. Further enriching the ecosystem is the work of the nonprofit ANA Educational Foundation (AEF), which has the mission of enhancing the understanding of advertising and marketing within the academic and marketing communities.
The ANA is looking for a dynamic, experienced self-starter who understands marketing and advertising, enjoys challenge and stays ahead of the curve. We recently created a new position for a Director, Content and Digital Marketing based out in New York. If you are a former digital guru, social media strategist, B2B copywriter, or a marketer on the client side, this is your dream job.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, CMO Initiatives, the Director, Content and Digital Marketing is responsible for developing and executing a clearly defined strategy in a manner that supports our CMO Practice while increasing brand equity and awareness. This position is responsible for evaluating, planning, organizing, managing, and contributing to all digital, social media and content channels for our ANA CMO Practice.
- Build a strong understanding and relationship with internal and external customers. Create cross functional teamwork and collaboration.
- Owner of our B2B lead generation and engagement strategy targeting high level executives.
- Own and manage our digital assets and creative content across all social media channels such as LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube
- Be the principal writer for communications targeting top marketing executives online, email and in print.
- Define the role, form and value of content in each channel
- Define, create and roll-out content for programs across all social media.
- Work with our internal communications and design group to ensure that we have strong and consistent digital content for the brand.
- Act as a thought leader, ensuring that the business is kept up to speed with cutting edge development in the world of digital and content
- Create, enhance, measure and evaluate CMO engagement and satisfaction
- Analyze and evaluate both existing and potential social media activities and strategies
- Conduct, gather and analyze market research to determine social media opportunities and competitiveness
- Identify, interpret, and capitalize on social media trends
- Work closely with other marketing organizations to ensure tight integration of all digital programs & initiatives
- Develop unique value propositions, business partnerships, and digital programs that are targeted towards key customer segments
- Achieve targeted results and ensure timely and effective execution of digital tactics and programs
- Develop benchmark criteria to measure the effectiveness of social media programs and implement improvements as required
- Participate and initiate online conversations across a variety of channels
- Educate and prepare key messaging and presentation material for senior management and other marketing organizations
- Measure the success of social media activities and report the results to management
- Use social listening tools to monitor online conversations
- Create, maintain and execute a digital editorial calendar and posting schedule
- Deeply understand our target demo’s core marketing issues - know what keeps them up at night. Search for ways to demonstrate and deliver value and maintain high levels of awareness of the ANA brand throughout our CMO community.
- Creating/editing proprietary content including but not limited to:
- Event Recaps (detailed write-ups of presentations given at our CMO Roundtables and other events)
- Case studies and Playbooks
- E-mail campaigns
- Short-form “snackable” content
- Brainstorming and activating new ways to build engagement and awareness for ANA content (content marketing).
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to ensure a steady flow of content creation that supports current and future marketing strategies for member needs.
- Ensuring all content meets high-quality standards and corporate style while staying informed of current trending topics, new developments in media, local business, and industry best practices.
- Some travel required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, or related field preferred.
- Strong business writing, communication, and above-average interpersonal skills: a service-oriented attitude is critical.
- 3-5 years of experience in B2B content marketing, digital marketing, corporate communications, or a relevant publishing industry role
- B2B and direct marketing experience a major advantage
- Copywriting experience for B2B data-driven marketing
- Experience using analytics for campaign optimization
- Strong verbal and written skills, including the ability to write clearly about complex subjects or turn a meandering presentation into a smooth story
- Experience in developing consumer marketing communications, including digital.
- Attention to detail and copyediting skills
- Strong analytical, planning, forecasting and research skills
- The ability to manage multiple priorities and demanding timeframes
- Knowledge and understanding of technology, search, new trends and the latest in digital innovation
- Experience in advertising and online marketing a must
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Proficient with social listening tools
- Ability to integrate digital and social media into broader marketing campaigns
- Ability to identify threats and opportunities within the user generated content space and make quick decisions
- Experience integrating content into multiple social distribution channels
- Proven track record of listening & engaging with the online community and acting on their behalf
- Team player with an entrepreneurial spirit. Comfortable rolling up your sleeves and being hands-on.
- Highly organized, detailed, accurate with very effective time management skills.
Please include a cover letter with salary requirements and a resume. Only applicants with salary requirements will be considered.