Digital Product Project Manager
- Full Time
W. W. Norton & Company is seeking a Digital Product Project Manager to join the IT team. The Digital Product Project Manager is the person who works to ensure on-time, on-budget delivery of high-quality digital learning solutions and resources for the higher education market. The Project Manager is responsible for keeping a project moving in a forward direction. This position brings together the resources needed to achieve a successful deliverable. This position tracks the various teams within IT and communicates milestones and objectives so that each independent team can meet the expected deadline. Through collaboration with the Business Owner, the Project Manager manages the overall project goals and scope. This position reports to the Director of Education Technology and is based out of our New York office.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Leads project planning and implementation for projects in a product line.
- Works with the Business Owner to facilitate creation and maintenance of the Project Roadmap.
- Works with the Business Owner to turn the product roadmap into executable projects.
- Establishes the RACI matrix for projects in a product line.
- Follows and schedules projects – as per the Project Roadmap defined by the Business Owner.
- Participates in scrum ceremonies and coordinates resourcing with the Scrum Master.
- Collaborates and communicates with stakeholders, developers, technical team members and designers.
- Sets schedules and milestones with inputs from all other teams assigned to that product, manages project scope and timelines.
- Works with Business Owner to ensure that the product vision and high-level business objectives are clear and achievable.
- Ensures that the functional requirements are tracked, achievable, and met.
- Works closely with the Business Owner, Scrum Master, Business Analyst, QA Manager and Product Specialist assigned to that product line.
- Coordinates sprint advancement (from QA to stakeholder review, and from stakeholder review to production release).
- Helps to manage dependencies among cross-product teams.
- Helps to identify, classify, and manage risk for functional improvement requests.
- Responsible for any schedules, milestones, communication, and status updates – with inputs from other teams.
- Provides detailed reporting to management on project status, risk assessments, and completion.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.
- Minimum of 5 years in media development.
- Familiar and comfortable with Agile methodologies.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent work experience (desirable).
- Experience working with e-learning and blended learning programs, web-based training development, and asynchronous learning content.
- Proficiency using commonly accepted scheduling and project management tools.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Good leadership and persuasion skills.
- Ability to organize and work under strict time and production deadlines, while producing quality deliverables.
- Ability to adapt to different team styles and dynamics
- Excellent analytical, problem identification and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and self-managed; ability to work independently and as part of a team with minimal coaching or supervision.
- Flexible and focused.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimal travel as required.
- Ability to work full business hours from Norton’s NYC office.
- Employment eligibility to work in the US is required.
W. W. Norton & Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.