Graphic Design Intern
Homes for the Homeless (HFH) is expanding rapidly to continue its mission of providing homeless families with opportunities and support to transition into permanent housing. HFH helps create lasting solutions for families experiencing homelessness through self-sufficiency planning, goal setting, and achievement. We invite you to visit our website, www.hfhnyc.org, to learn more about our facilities and programs.
We’re looking for a Graphic Design Intern to help design and deliver the assets the organization needs to reach its ambitious goals. Whether designing high-impact newsletters and annual reports that excite the reader or creating unique graphics to tell a compelling story across digital platforms, the Graphic Design Intern will have their hands in all aspects of the design process at HFH, with an eye towards cohesion and adherence to the style guide. This position requires strong attention to detail, top-notch design skills, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Our ideal candidate is a current student pursuing a degree in graphic design or related program.
- Creating and managing templates and assets for the organization: This may include newsletters, annual reports, posters, calendars, flyers, brochures, digital graphics, and other assets we use often, maintaining a cohesive look and ease of use for the team.
- Tracking and executing projects: Requests may range from the creation of a brochure to graphics for a social media campaign to branded promotional or recruitment items, such as pens or apparel. You will manage these requests and ensure nothing goes out without adhering to the style guide.
- Crafting compelling stories: In addition to creating assets, you’ll work closely with our staff to think of ways to leverage photos, graphics, and videos to promote brand awareness, fundraising, and volunteer efforts.
You Will Thrive in This Role If You:
- You have strong design skills and experience in Photoshop, In-Design, Illustrator, and other relevant software
- You are passionate about homelessness and programs that help families and children.
- You sweat the small stuff. You notice the nuance of colors, proof your work, and enjoy a collaborative design process.
Compensation and Duration:
This is a Spring semester-based role, 21 hours per week, reporting to the Senior Public Affairs Associate. Intern MUST be a matriculated student for the duration of the internship. Hourly pay is commensurate with background and skills.
Please submit your resume, portfolio, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Graphic Design Intern” in the title of the email. In your cover letter, tell us:
- How you will thrive in the role – what have you done in the past that demonstrates you can be successful?
- Why are you interested in graphic design?
- What makes you interested in HFH?
HFH has a strong EEO commitment and encourages applicants that will increase the diversity of our organization. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.