Digital Content Manager
Children’s Rights is a leading national youth advocacy organization dedicated to improving the lives of vulnerable children in government systems. We use civil rights litigation, policy expertise and public education to create positive change. With a 20-year track record in the area of foster care reform, Children’s Rights is expanding its mission to protect more kids from abuse and neglect, including kids who are prescribed dangerous psychotropic drugs without adequate oversight, LGBTQ youth in custodial settings, and children in juvenile detention whose constitutional rights are ignored.
Children’s Rights’ seeks a Digital Content Manager to bring creativity and a keen design eye to the organization’s marketing and fundraising efforts. Reporting to the Director of Communications and Marketing, the Digital Content Manager will design compelling infographics, be an avid follower of trends in e-communications and social media and utilize analytics tools in real time to consistently improve the organization’s reach.
- Design and/or edit compelling, relevant, brand-aligned digital content, such as: graphics, audio and video for CR’s website; image-based fact sheets; e-blasts; and social media content. As needed, liaise with external graphic designers and developers to ensure timeliness of special projects, etc.
- Create materials to forge and deepen supporter relationships, including donor presentations, event invitations and slideshows.
- Write content for CR’s website, e-blasts, digital newsletters, annual reports, fact sheets, brochures and other marketing and fundraising materials.
- Update and maintain CR website; serve as liaison to consultants undertaking current web redesign.
- Drive and manage donor-focused email marketing campaigns. Make recommendations to achieve higher click-through/open rates. Drive analytics research and tracking for website, e-blasts and social properties. Manage search engine optimization strategies.
- In strategic support of specific CR campaigns and news, write and edit blog posts and social media updates.
- As needed and in conjunction with the Director of Communications and Marketing, identify and interview current and former foster youth and other young adults who were affected in state systems, as well as child advocates, and other stakeholders to develop compelling content.
- Monitor mentions of CR and child welfare issues on the web. Maintain the Communications Department’s archive of media mentions; monitor press coverage and flag items for possible follow-up; and prepare summaries of relevant coverage for distribution to Children’s Rights staff and board members.
- The ideal candidate will have 4 to 5 years’ marketing experience.
- A comprehensive knowledge of WordPress-based websites, Google Analytics and other analytics programs, the full Adobe suite, Photoshop and all social media channels.
- Must be a sharp, concise writer with impeccable grammar and proofreading skills, and capable of distilling complex issues into vivid language understandable to stakeholders and general audiences alike.
- Must be proactive, extremely organized, efficient and able to manage multiple projects under deadline pressure with great accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal skills are necessary and a sense of humor helpful.
- Experience in child welfare and/or legal advocacy is a plus.
Please submit your cover letter, résumé, writing and design samples to HR@childrensrights.org and include “Communications” in the subject line.
Due to the high volume of submissions, only applicants of interest will be contacted. No telephone calls, please.
Children's Rights is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and we encourage applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQI and gender non-conforming people.
Apply for Digital Content Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly