Senior Sales Manager
- Full Time
Reporting to the Sales Director, he/she will be the main responsible for the detection, prospecting, evaluation and onboarding of new clients, focusing the efforts on building long term advertising and distribution agreements with a consultative selling approach. The role will be the main stakeholder for the management of direct advertising agreements, affiliate relationships and premium services for our US partners.
This sales leader will be a self starter, with exceptionally strong analytical thinker who likely hails from a leading online publisher, consumer technology firm or sophisticated interactive advertising agency. He or she will have a strong track record of developing and executing sales strategies, tactics, plans, processes, systems and programs. He or she will be known for accurate revenue forecasting and have a combination of strong relationship building and sales leadership skills.
The successful candidate will have a track record of success at driving top sales results, partnering cross functionally, and professionally representing client needs and perspectives to the product organization and senior management.
- Achieve sales targets and build sales strategy within the market of responsibility focusing on International opportunities.
- Prospect, evaluate, onboard and support advertisers and advertising agencies.
- Develop New Business, prospecting, and building revenues from new clients.
- Determine their business needs and formulate an ad sales solution, maximizing revenue potential.
- Demonstrated ability to sell value of a media properties rather than just the program/price.
- Determine short and long-range sales revenue plans per property, vertical, account, territory, and prepare tactical action plans.
- Drive large, multi-year business relationships with top software, technology, home entertainment and international brand advertisers.
- Drive the sales management process as well as play a hands-on role in driving sales, generating leads and opening doors for the organization.
- Represent Softonic at key industry conferences, trade magazines and other speaking events.
- Successful candidates will also demonstrate a willingness to take charge and work forcefully to achieve results, despite obstacles.
- Evaluate Softonic inventory opportunities to maximize our monetization and develop proposals around such opportunities.
- Passionate about people and passionate about sales.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role, selling digital advertising solutions.
- Must have new business experience.
- Demonstrated fluency in DFP premium and the GPT.
- Working knowledge of programmatic platforms (SSPs, Ad Exchanges) such as Google DBM, Adexchange, Rubicon, Appnexus…
- Strong business acumen, communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- A team player who is able to maintain excellent working relationships with clients and internal departments, willingness to work under pressure, and one who puts the needs of our Clients first.
- Good understanding of technology and contacts within the Online Advertising market.
- Demonstrated ability to sell value of media properties rather than just the program/price.
- Being proactive. Identifying problems and providing solutions, identifying new opportunities that can help the sales department to achieve Softonic goals.
- Deadline driven.
- Ability to work on own initiative with little supervision from management.
- Travel required up to 50% of the time.
- Strong knowledge of all core MS Office applications
- Experience with a CRM systems such as Microsoft Dynamics or Salesforce.
- Experience in the IT industry and selling to C-Level decision makers.
- It is highly appreciated to have a portfolio of clients and/or online media contacts.