Senior Copywriter, Branded Content
- Full Time
Are you skilled at editing and writing compelling, rigorously factual stories and reports that are accessible and engaging to broad audiences? Can you punch up short and long form pieces? Do you enjoy writing headlines that jump off web pages? Are you capable of making reports both punchy and pithy? Is deadline-driven the only way you steer? If you’ve had enough of the questions, let’s get down to it:
We are looking for a talented, energetic and creative senior copywriter who enjoys researching, analyzing information, problem-solving and is skilled at communicating his/her ideas, both orally and in writing. The candidate needs to have strong editing, writing, critical-thinking and interpersonal skills. The candidate also should be energetic, creative and capable of working with a team of writers and designers.
Payments or financial services experience is a huge plus, but a top-notch generalist background – specifically, the ability to dive deeply into new subject matter and grasp it thoroughly and quickly, is also a foundational. Bachelors and 5-plus years experience required. Master’s in Journalism/Communication or equivalent is also a plus.
- Develop and edit monthly reports on new, exciting trends occurring in the industry.
- Summarize key analytical and research findings developed by analysts and researchers.
- Add flair to copy, headlines and narrative, making them punchy and pithy.
- Contribute to the understanding of industry trends and monitor the market for new and evolving issues.
- Work closely with client services, marketing, and data and analytics teams in all facets of content development, execution, and publication.
- Continue to evolve storytelling formats, topics, and other content aspects based on insights (and engagement)
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s in Journalism/Communications or equivalent a plus.
- Minimum 5 years experience in related role.
- Payments or financial services experience a plus.
- Experienced in journalism and fact-based writing environment.
- Excellent at structuring issues, ideas and concepts and presenting findings (in writing and orally).
- Strong creative, visual and editorial point of view.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables and deadlines simultaneously.
- Experience in WordPress or comparable CMS platform.
- Understanding of SEO strategy
PYMNTS.com offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that rewards results handsomely. This package includes a competitive base pay and bonus potential, paid health/dental plan, matching 401(k) plan, and generous vacation.
PYMNTS is conveniently located in the Financial District of downtown Boston.